Can I drink coffee when I'm pregnant?

Hi guys,

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeeboy123 View Post
    Hi guys,

Hello "coffeeboy123"

That question seems a bit strange, considering your choice for a user name for this Coffee Forum.

Many doctors advise women to switch to decaf coffee during their pregnancy. There is a small amount of caffeine in decaf, but it's not enough to cause problems. I've known many women who switched to decaf for the entire nine months, and couldn't wait to have a "real" cup of coffee after giving birth.

If you do some research on your own, you'll probably come to the conclusion that it's best to avoid caffeine during pregnancy.

Rose

Super Moderator
    I have heard that drinking coffee is ok while pregnant but should consult with your doctor.
    "Wine is for aging, not coffee."
    Ken Hutchinson, Starsky and Hutch

Quote Originally Posted by PinkRose View Post
    Hello "coffeeboy123"

That question seems a bit strange, considering your choice for a user name for this Coffee Forum.

Many doctors advise women to switch to decaf coffee during their pregnancy. There is a small amount of caffeine in decaf, but it's not enough to cause problems. I've known many women who switched to decaf for the entire nine months, and couldn't wait to have a "real" cup of coffee after giving birth.

If you do some research on your own, you'll probably come to the conclusion that it's best to avoid caffeine during pregnancy.

Rose

Hi PinkRose,

Actually I wanted to know this for my sister, who is pregnant.

Thanks for your help. Appreciate it!

When my aunt got pregnant she event avoid sitting next to me because at that time I brew coffee all day long, and coffee smell was all over my body, she said cafein is not good for her baby, though Still think you should consult a doctor 1st
    Huongmai Cafe - Coffee and Tea

Your sister should stay away from coffee. That's the safe bet. Whatever is in the best interest of the baby is usually the correct answer.

I think drinking coffee while pregnant is not a good idea. The caffeine will affect the baby. Remember what the mother get also what the baby gets.

Drinking coffee is really not bad provided that you should not exceed the limit of 200 mg of caffeine in a day. Because if you drink regularly there could be a higher risk of miscarriage or some health problems on the part of the baby. If you can't resist coffee then you may try decaffeinated, that is a good option.
    Last edited by NarcisaShepherd; 01-27-2016 at 02:18 AM.

Mee too think that drinking the Coffee during the pregnancy is Not good for you and your children.But if you want to drink then there will be no problem and i will say that you should just be carefull in the first months because it may be cause of miscarrage ...But after the starting month you can drink..No problem ..

Come on now. Don't you think your question is best answered by your sisters obstetrician?

Len
    "I believe humans get a lot done, not because we're smart, but because we have thumbs so we can make coffee." ~Flash Rosenberg

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links