Does coffee have an effect on calcium?

Hi guys,

Does coffee have an effect on calcium?

yes, it lessen the ability of calcium absorbtion of the body
    Huongmai Cafe - Coffee and Tea

This article http://www.nestle-family.com/nutriti...ee_682132.aspx could be helpful for this topic.
    Last edited by PinkRose; 08-14-2015 at 05:40 AM.

What if you are adding almond milk to your coffee, which has twice the levels of calcium of that of regular milk? Would that make up for the deficiency?

Quote Originally Posted by champagnesyrup View Post
    This article Coffee and Calcium*| Caffeine and Calcium Loss*| Nestlé Family ME could be helpful for this topic.
    Exactly the link that I just pulled up. Low calcium can usually be the result of low Vitamin D in the blood. Vitamin D functions in the body to transport Calcium from our food supply, through our intestinal wall into the blood stream. This is why Vitamin D is added to milk, and why most calcium tablets contain Vitamin D. As the above article says, one cup of coffee can reduce calcium 2-4mg...a very insignificant amount which can be negated by adding milk to your coffee, or just having a healthy diet with adequate levels of calcium. Thanks for sharing coffeeboy...nice to have learned something new today!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Peaberry View Post
    Exactly the link that I just pulled up. Low calcium can usually be the result of low Vitamin D in the blood. Vitamin D functions in the body to transport Calcium from our food supply, through our intestinal wall into the blood stream. This is why Vitamin D is added to milk, and why most calcium tablets contain Vitamin D. As the above article says, one cup of coffee can reduce calcium 2-4mg...a very insignificant amount which can be negated by adding milk to your coffee, or just having a healthy diet with adequate levels of calcium. Thanks for sharing coffeeboy...nice to have learned something new today!
    Exactly, I too wasn't knowing about the calcium levels getting low by coffee. Although, I don't drink espresso directly rather I prefer to add milk to it. Vitamin D also has some indirect affect on misfunctioning of Immune System.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links