Does coffee have an effect on calcium?

SpeedyGal

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
What if you are adding almond milk to your coffee, which has twice the levels of calcium of that of regular milk? Would that make up for the deficiency?

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site

Exactly the link that I just pulled up. Low calcium can usually be the result of low Vitamin D in the blood. Vitamin D functions in the body to transport Calcium from our food supply, through our intestinal wall into the blood stream. This is why Vitamin D is added to milk, and why most calcium tablets contain Vitamin D. As the above article says, one cup of coffee can reduce calcium 2-4mg...a very insignificant amount which can be negated by adding milk to your coffee, or just having a healthy diet with adequate levels of calcium. Thanks for sharing coffeeboy...nice to have learned something new today!

friedcoffee

Jan 12, 2016
India
Visit site
Exactly the link that I just pulled up. Low calcium can usually be the result of low Vitamin D in the blood. Vitamin D functions in the body to transport Calcium from our food supply, through our intestinal wall into the blood stream. This is why Vitamin D is added to milk, and why most calcium tablets contain Vitamin D. As the above article says, one cup of coffee can reduce calcium 2-4mg...a very insignificant amount which can be negated by adding milk to your coffee, or just having a healthy diet with adequate levels of calcium. Thanks for sharing coffeeboy...nice to have learned something new today!
Exactly, I too wasn't knowing about the calcium levels getting low by coffee. Although, I don't drink espresso directly rather I prefer to add milk to it. Vitamin D also has some indirect affect on misfunctioning of Immune System.

Latest posts