Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Yes...withdrawal from caffeine can be painful...that's why I intend to never quit! On a serious note, I know that metabolisms vary with activity levels and diet, but quitting cold turkey, again depending on average daily use of caffeine, can be very much like quitting any substance to which the body has become accustomed. One of my sisters quit and had the headaches too...for like a week or so, but she is an avid triathlete, and decided to decaffeinate her life!! For anyone thinking I take after my sister, I will confess that, while I am in shape, that shape happens to be a circle....just sayin'...

I am in high school, and I drink coffee to put myself in an ultimate state of focus. I find it very useful. I try not to drink it every day to avoid withdrawals, only when I need it. I can't imagine that something so natural is so bad for me as a teen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mondays_Wrench View Post
    I am in high school, and I drink coffee to put myself in an ultimate state of focus. I find it very useful. I try not to drink it every day to avoid withdrawals, only when I need it. I can't imagine that something so natural is so bad for me as a teen.
    It's actually not bad for you in moderation. Most caffeine with teens is consumed in the form of sodas and energy drinks with elevated amounts of High Fructose Corn Syrup...this is bad. So most studies of caffeine intake in kids and teens are not studies of the different forms in which it is consumed. Coffee is a much better way to consume caffeine for needed alertness and energy boost.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links