Happy National Coffee Day!

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
Quick stop at Dunkin Donut with my wife. needed some sugar and caffeine power.
Sugar (donuts) costed about $3.50 and coffee (only dark roast they have) costed me ZERO.
however, I had to a lot of cream with the coffee. Stay away from Dunkin's Dark Roast.

Happy National Dark Coffee Day!

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Here is a little bit of info on Dunkin' Donuts coffee...I like that the writer states that their coffee takes 5 years to mature...lol...I suppose they plant new trees after just one harvest?? Anyway...enjoy the info. 30 cups of coffee every 30 seconds, most of which is done during morning hours?? This must be the amount of coffee sales from all channels expressed as a coffee cup equivalent...still amazing!

While many think that you go to Dunkin' Donuts for the donuts, the fact is that the chain is really a coffee company. On average, Dunkin' Donuts sells more than 30 cups of coffee every second and there are more than 15,000 ways to order a single cup. These combinations take into account all of the syrups, turbo shots, and sweeteners available at each location. The company's coffee tasters each average 200 cups of coffee per day to ensure quality and consistency. The company uses approximately 2,000 coffee beans to make one pound of coffee. The coffee beans are then roasted at 400 degrees Fahrenheit and blended using Dunkin' Donuts secret, special recipe. The company uses only the finest Arabica coffee beans, which take more than five years to mature. Every year, Dunkin' Donuts sells 1.7 billion cups of coffee

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I found this to be a bit strange . . . .That's a whole lot of coffee per day- for each coffee taster

I think the information was either misunderstood by the writer, or just poorly communicated. Either way, the result it the same...inaccurate information about coffee being presented as though it were factual information. I can only imagine that the cuppers do 200 cuppings per day, and don't actually consume 200 cups of coffee per day...THAT would be lethal!!!

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
I think the information was either misunderstood by the writer, or just poorly communicated. Either way, the result it the same...inaccurate information about coffee being presented as though it were factual information. I can only imagine that the cuppers do 200 cuppings per day, and don't actually consume 200 cups of coffee per day...THAT would be lethal!!!

I do not know about up to 200 cupping per day, but I have a friend in Olam (3rd largest coffee exporter in Guatemala & one of the biggest food company in the world) who does the coffee quality control for exportation.
he said that he does about 100 to 150 cupping per day and sometimes up to 200.

BTW, please do not forget that you cup 5 cups for one coffee evaluation which is SCAA standard.
so, when he say that he does 100, that means he evaluate 20 coffees per day, not 100 different coffees.