What are the reasons you should have coffee?

mantishugo

Oct 20, 2015
UK
Visit site
I have been thinking about the reasons why I should start drinking coffee lately. Besides I love the taste of Coffee there are many health benefits which allure me to grab that cup of coffee with more compassion.

12 Reasons to Consume Coffee every day - Article

mantishugo

Oct 20, 2015
UK
Visit site
I am a caffeine addict, in coffee business, morning ritual (bathroom).
i get to meet some interesting people.
it tastes better than any other beverages

Too much of anything isn't good for health. If you are caffeine addicted then try your best to get rid of your addiction before it starts to show some bad consequences. Drink coffee in moderation.

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
I guess that I drink about 3 cups a day. I work very early. And after noon, normally, I do not drink coffee anymore.
BTW, what would be "show some bad consequences" that you have mentioned? and how many cups (or how much caffeine) would be "drinking coffee in moderation"?

mantishugo

Oct 20, 2015
UK
Visit site
I have shown some bad consequences of drinking more than 3 cups of coffee a day few years back, since then I reduced my coffee intake up to 2 cups. Those "bad consequences" were headache when I don't get my cup of coffee (guess I got addicted to caffeine), lack of concentration, shaky hands, and short temperament.

Nav

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
There was a recent study out showing that coffee drinkers who drank 4 to 5 cups a day had a reduced mortality rate versus non-drinkers. There was also a host of health benefits for conditions like heart disease, diabetes, and even suicide. As always, correlation isn't the same as causation.

Personally, i take 2 cups of coffee a day. Once after breakfast and another after lunch cos i like the taste and the pick-me-up to get me through the day.

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Hey Nav, by "reduced mortality rate" do you mean if I drink plenty of coffee I won't die?? lol! Correlation isn't the same as causation...now you sound like my probability & statistics professor in college. His classic analogy: Ice cream consumption and drowning deaths both increase in the summer months! I love it, and no longer eat ice cream from June to September...hahahaha!

healthystuff

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Reasons:
1. When I have to get busy with work and coffee keeps me alive.
2. When I'm reading stuff.
3. When I wake up in the morning.
4. When I just want to be alone and do some thinking.

Lol these are my usual self of having coffee. No particular big agenda as to why I should have coffee. Coffee just brighten up my moods and without having it within a day, makes me crave for it. I really believe coffee is addictive but you have to control yourself and drink not too much within the day to keep the balance. When I drink 3 cups to 4 cups a day I make sure to drink plenty of water too.

techspace411

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site
Mr. Peaberry,

The one I vaguely remember is how to prove something kills lab rats. Drop 100 + pounds of the "something" on the rat. That something killed the rat.

Coffee beans kill mice.
Drop 100+ pounds on a mouse. Probably kill it.
Coffee beans kill mice.

Or something like that... LOL

Marketing and science, ain't it wunnerful?

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
That's very funny TC411. One I like that I heard many years ago was the "discovery" that it was actually the scientists that cause cancer in laboratory rats. As far as reduced mortality for coffee drinkers, this was an annoying, yet entertaining, statement that was made without conditions, such as: coffee drinkers are less likely to die before age 60 than non coffee drinkers, and I just had to comment about how that made it sound like some coffee drinkers would not face the ultimate "last call". There is no reduced mortality rate on this planet...100% of all living things will die some day...so mortality is 100% always unless you define a set of conditions.

Cheers!