Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Sorta burnt, yeah, more acidic, well, different. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkRose View Post
    If you go to the top of this thread, you should see (in white letters) the words Thread Tools. Click on that, and then a drop down box will appear and you can select Subscribe to This Thread. Click on that, and you should be all set.
    Thanks Rose. It says click here to unsubscribe, so I guess I am subscribed? Yet i don't receive any emails...

I recall getting the same taste of coffee thats been sitting on the burner for too long by getting cold coffee and nuking it.

Len
    "I believe humans get a lot done, not because we're smart, but because we have thumbs so we can make coffee." ~Flash Rosenberg

This is a tricky topic, because they've of course also found that drinking coffee can reduce risk of certain types of cancer, including melonoma.

I remember drinking navy coffee back in the 50's. But that's a story for another day and time....

Quote Originally Posted by markkislich View Post
    Thanks Rose. It says click here to unsubscribe, so I guess I am subscribed? Yet i don't receive any emails...
    I believe you have to edit your profile and select something like 'send notifications of threads I post in'...

Quote Originally Posted by peterjschmidt View Post
    I believe you have to edit your profile and select something like 'send notifications of threads I post in'...
    Hi Peter thanks: I figured it out (it was an old email, duh!) Maaan, is it THAT long ago?!

Sure, but maybe not the one with acrylamides in it... that's what I'm trying to figure out, see? Would boiling the SHTUFF out of coffee increase/create carcinogens? I think it's very possible, though I don't know...

Super Moderator
    Wait. You brew coffee and then boil it? Brewing coffee with boiling water will sour the coffee. Wouldn't do the same if you post boil it?
    "Wine is for aging, not coffee."
    Ken Hutchinson, Starsky and Hutch

Quote Originally Posted by topher View Post
    Wait. You brew coffee and then boil it? Brewing coffee with boiling water will sour the coffee. Wouldn't do the same if you post boil it?
    Well. It tastes rather more bitter... I'd recommend giving it a try and see.
    Example: say you pour more water into the filter than needed, take out the right amount of coffee at the right time for perfect concentration, but there's more water dripping through afterwards.
    Result: thin leftover coffee. Right?
    NOW boil that down to perfect strength. See what you think. I like it, but taste is like opinions...
    Mark

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links