Can Fresh Roasted Coffee Cause Anxiety??

hello im new here. i recently started drinking fresh roasted coffee from a neighbor that roasts it fresh a good bit and sells a good bit of it. i recently also have been having anxiety for seemingly no reason and have drank cheap coffee for years. i have backed off on the fresh coffee and the folgers, although not very good lol, dont seem to make me anxious. anybody ever even herd of this?? i know it probably sounds weird and i like fresh coffee lol. but not if it gives me anxiety lol. thanks
    Last edited by PinkRose; 03-19-2016 at 06:05 AM. Reason: Title edit for clarity

Banned
    Can Fresh Roasted Coffee Cause Anxiety?? : Nope! it doesn't

Job stress causes anxiety, which causes sleepless nights, which causes increased caffeine intake. How is your job going these days? LOL...

Seriously, buy some decaf from your roaster and see if you notice anything.

The only anexiety I have is when the fresh coffee runs out!!! -

actually if if its made with robusta beans you have greater caffeine content so may have issues... Also if you drink a lot (pot full) or if you have high blood pressure the caffeine could raise your level... That's why many people with caffeine issues trade their cup for fresh roasted decaf- (I know decaf is a bad word to many but if you want coffee but can't handle the Caffinator then give it a try) just make sure it's fresh roasted!

ok thanks guys for the input. my roaster uses arabica beans and the folgers probably uses some rubusta and caffeine has always seemed to make me feel good if i ever got a buzz from it lol. never anxiety and worried. maybe it was something else..

I think a lot of the anxiety would have to do with just the caffeine from the coffee. A lot of the time, I feel it can make you buzz almost too much and if you already have a little anxiety to begin with, it could make it worse.

ok thanks it just weird to me lol. ive drank coffee for years hardly missed a day. even drank bad coffee out on the job on hot days lol. i just wondered if the fresh coffee had a diff. effect on the body or something.

I remember when my sister stopped drinking regular coffee. She literally had withdrawals like she was in meth rehab...well maybe I'm exaggerating a tad...so maybe the switch from the high caffeinated robusta based coffee to the arabica is causing the anxiety. Add a shot of espresso to your cup and see if that helps.

ha wow well when it was bad i had real effects from something lol racing heart felt so unrestfull like i couldn't release my energy or something. im not as bad as i used to be but still have anxiety sometimes.....i know this isnt an anxiety forum, but thanks for everybody's input!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links