Can Fresh Roasted Coffee Cause Anxiety??

samesame

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
hello im new here. i recently started drinking fresh roasted coffee from a neighbor that roasts it fresh a good bit and sells a good bit of it. i recently also have been having anxiety for seemingly no reason and have drank cheap coffee for years. i have backed off on the fresh coffee and the folgers, although not very good lol, dont seem to make me anxious. anybody ever even herd of this?? i know it probably sounds weird and i like fresh coffee lol. but not if it gives me anxiety lol. thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Job stress causes anxiety, which causes sleepless nights, which causes increased caffeine intake. How is your job going these days? LOL...

Seriously, buy some decaf from your roaster and see if you notice anything.

1cup

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
The only anexiety I have is when the fresh coffee runs out!!! -

actually if if its made with robusta beans you have greater caffeine content so may have issues... Also if you drink a lot (pot full) or if you have high blood pressure the caffeine could raise your level... That's why many people with caffeine issues trade their cup for fresh roasted decaf- (I know decaf is a bad word to many but if you want coffee but can't handle the Caffinator then give it a try) just make sure it's fresh roasted!

samesame

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
ok thanks guys for the input. my roaster uses arabica beans and the folgers probably uses some rubusta and caffeine has always seemed to make me feel good if i ever got a buzz from it lol. never anxiety and worried. maybe it was something else..

javacentral

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
I think a lot of the anxiety would have to do with just the caffeine from the coffee. A lot of the time, I feel it can make you buzz almost too much and if you already have a little anxiety to begin with, it could make it worse.

samesame

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
ok thanks it just weird to me lol. ive drank coffee for years hardly missed a day. even drank bad coffee out on the job on hot days lol. i just wondered if the fresh coffee had a diff. effect on the body or something.

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I remember when my sister stopped drinking regular coffee. She literally had withdrawals like she was in meth rehab...well maybe I'm exaggerating a tad...so maybe the switch from the high caffeinated robusta based coffee to the arabica is causing the anxiety. Add a shot of espresso to your cup and see if that helps.

samesame

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
ha wow well when it was bad i had real effects from something lol racing heart felt so unrestfull like i couldn't release my energy or something. im not as bad as i used to be but still have anxiety sometimes.....i know this isnt an anxiety forum, but thanks for everybody's input!

MntnMan62

Nov 15, 2019
New Jersey
Visit site
I think that we cannot compare coffee addiction with, for example, drugs or alcohol, or what is new, now, with gambling games.

I disagree. We can compare the addictive nature of caffeine to drugs and alcohol because the same physiological aspects are at play. Is caffeine addiction as bad as drug addiction? Probably not. There, I just compared the two.

Birdman

Nov 22, 2022
Maryland
Visit site
It can if you are not used to that much caffeine. If this is your first experience with fresh roasted, especially a light roast, you may be getting more caffeine than you are used to.

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
People really need to stop believing all the garbage they read/hear as every single person will have a different experience. I home roast and smell the coffee as it develops, then consume my fair share of quite fresh coffee as well as caffeine from other sources. I can average 1 gram of caffeine in a 3-4 hr time frame and NO anxiety, no change in pulse, blood pressure, etc. I can knock out 5-6 doubles, eat a bit then consume a 240 mg energy drink and still take a short nap if need be. Thing with anxiety, depression, what have you is there can be all sorts of triggers and people really shouldn't try to narrow it down to just one thing. So yeah, ignore the garbage you'll read about coffee 'possibly' extending our lives, causing PTSD, anxiety or whatever... there are so many changing variables in life just live each day for what it is and consume what you enjoy in moderation. Only person that knows what your mind/body can handle is YOU!!!

beangarlicbread

Jul 17, 2023
Ohio
Visit site
hello im new here. i recently started drinking fresh roasted coffee from a neighbor that roasts it fresh a good bit and sells a good bit of it. i recently also have been having anxiety for seemingly no reason and have drank cheap coffee for years. i have backed off on the fresh coffee and the folgers, although not very good lol, dont seem to make me anxious. anybody ever even herd of this?? i know it probably sounds weird and i like fresh coffee lol. but not if it gives me anxiety lol. thanks
Welcome to the coffee-loving crew! It's awesome that you're trying out fresh roasted coffee – sounds like a real treat!

Anxiety can be a real buzzkill, and sometimes it's hard to pinpoint the cause. It's not uncommon for some people to react differently to various coffee types, so no worries, you're not alone!

If the fresh roast seems to trigger anxiety, no need to fret – stick with what works for you! Whether it's Folgers or any other brew, the key is to enjoy your coffee without the jitters.

Just keep experimenting, and you'll find the perfect cup that keeps you smiling without the stress.☕️😄