What can be the side effects of bulletproof coffee?

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
These days people are very much fond of bulletproof coffee, but i have heard that if bulletproof coffee is taken into routine as a meal replacement , it can be dangerous for health, can you suggest how??

It's not clear what you're asking.

Do you want to know how is can be used as a meal replacement or are you asking how ("why") using it as a meal replacement can be dangerous?

Using any kind of coffee as a meal replacement is a very stupid idea. I hope you're not considering it.

Rose

Lisa.scottlive

Apr 29, 2016
California, USA
Visit site
my question is that some people try to substitute their meals or breakfast with bulletproof coffee considering that it will keep them full all day, is that a good idea?? if not, what can be the side effect or dangers of bulletproof coffee?

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
Google 'Intermittent Fasting' and see how some people benefit from ingesting all caloric intake to a 6-8 hour window of time. Since I agree with that premise, I don't see any danger in using the BP coffee in the way you asked about.

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I often skip breakfast, but never skip Coffee, so I essentially use Coffee as a meal replacement. Maybe bulletproof Coffee has more nutrient value than just Coffee, so perhaps for me it would be better, no?

Mar 28, 2011
Connecticut
Visit site
I believe it is just filling you up with a blob of fat and caffeine. Since caffeine is an appetite suppresant, that and the fat will make you feel like you do not need any food. I cannot see how it wouldnt give you a damn good headache after coming down. Must wreck havoc on your blood sugar levels. Wanna lose weight? Cut back on carbs, drink plenty of water, and exercise. It is the only thing that works long term. Wanna live to an old age? Don't smoke, don't drink booze, eat plenty of veggies, eat red meat in moderation.

Len

coffeewheel

May 9, 2016
Visit site
I like the paleo diet idea. Have as much for the right fats as you want, and cut-out grain foods. Right fats are, coconut oil, butter, olive oil(unheated , it changes when heated), oil from salmon, nuts, avocadoe and things like that. Fat from grass fed meat. I found it hard to do but health wise I felt far better reducing my sugar intake and increasing my good fat and green food intake. I love coffee to much now that I have a espresso machine.

laura541

Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
Bulletproof Coffee has a lot of benefits. It contains a ton of energy & long-term satiation. But I believe that it's not good for the replacement meal.If you drink coffee for replacement meal, i think it's a stupid idea.

bagels

Nov 26, 2016
Arizona
Visit site
i enjoy drinking coffee with a teaspoon to tablespoon of coconut oil (the vegan version of bulletproof coffee, i guess). it tastes good and i feel like i don't get the jitters as much. normally when i drink coffee on an empty stomach i start talking way too fast and fidgeting a lot. so the only differences i've experienced are good. coconut oil is rather high in saturated fat and should be enjoyed in moderation imo but it's got some good stuff too.

i don't think butter is good for you at all and should be avoided, even if it's "grass fed", and find dairy farming unethical, but that's just my personal opinion

mantishugo

Oct 20, 2015
UK
Visit site
Though bulletproof is beneficial for health but people when drink too much of coffee get negative side effects of caffeine. It is therefore recommended to drink only 2-3 cups of any coffee a day.

autzennoise14

Feb 9, 2017
Visit site
I'm leery of Bulletproof simply due to its marketing machine. Plus the idea of dropping butter into my coffee in the interest of fat loss seems counterintuitive. I also do not like the taste drinking it black.

aroaster83

Dec 30, 2012
Portland, OR
Visit site
Look. I'm not a dietician. I would wager dropping butter into your coffee daily gives you an energy burst from the high-fat content. It will not be as effective as a complex carbohydrate though and a well-balanced breakfast.

I am a knowledgeable coffee person though. I'm going to tell you right now that any coffee out there claiming to be healthier, have less toxins, or more energy inducing is dubious.

coffeesupremacy

Feb 3, 2017
Bosnia
Visit site
I understand and I do not blame, just wonder how people are able to invent hot water and many are delighted with that hot water.

And there are no limits what they do with coffee: eggs in coffee, coffee from bird shit, coffee from elephant shit, kopi luwak, bulletproof. And it will never stop. For few years will be some recipe like: coffee bean from girl morning shit after first cup of coffee with green tea and silver water and nonfat apple yogurt
Maybe I am romantic but black coffee is good by itself.