When Coffee Is Not Right For you?

tarik2.0

Jan 19, 2017
Visit site
:info: If you are pregnant, you should completely avoid using caffeine.
If you have an issue with decreased adrenal function or adrenal fatigue, caffeine can actually create more stress on your adrenal glands. In this day and age, many people are constantly stressed and fatigued, and rely on caffeine for sustained energy to get through the day. If this is the case, it is a tell-tale sign that your body is not functioning properly and you need to address the underlying problems.
Adrenal fatigue can wreak havoc on your health. The adrenal glands affect every organ and system in the body - from metabolism of carbohydrate, protein, and fat, to fluid and electrolyte balance, cardiovascular system, immune system, hormonal system, and even your sex drive. Therefore, if you have adrenal fatigue, pumping your system with caffeine is merely going to aggravate your problem in the long run.
Coffee has a diuretic effect. If you have problems with electrolyte balance, you may want to avoid it too.
If you drink coffee and have problems falling asleep or tend to wake up in the night, you may be caffeine sensitive. Caffeine levels vary depending on the type of roast, grind, and brewing method. Darker roasts contain less caffeine than lighter roasts. The finer the grind, the higher the caffeine in the coffee. Drip coffee has more caffeine than espresso because the brew time is much longer. If you experience sleep issues from the caffeine, you may want to vary your type of roast, grind, or brewing method or cut down on the amount you drink every day and make sure you only have coffee early in the morning.
If you experience stomach cramping, heart palpitations, or other symptomsafter drinking coffee, you may actually have a food intolerance. There is also the possibility of mold (coffee is a dried food and may contain mold) or other contaminants in the coffee that trigger a physical reaction.

LoveCoffeeLife

Jan 29, 2017
South Eastern USA
Visit site
Some people are sensitive to the effects of caffeine which is not exclusive to coffee. I'm sorry there are some that won't be able to enjoy coffee the way we do. And I'm so glad that I don't have any such sensitivity. Here's to good health the healing.

slily

May 15, 2017
Visit site
Actually, you can enjoy a brew, but you need to watch quantity. Too much caffeine (also found in tea, cola and chocolate) can increase your risk of miscarriage. The NHS recommends a limit of 200mg a day of caffeine, the equivalent of two mugs of instant coffee

Last edited:

Curemycaffeinism

Oct 8, 2017
Visit site
I think that caffeine is really effecting my adrenal glands, anxiety and depression, and I'm trying to get down to 1 cup a day which I figure should be fine.

If anyone has any advice, please respond either here or in my thread on caffeinism, low energy and depression.

Casandra

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
I drink a lot of tea which has half of the caffeine of coffee and neither has any discernible effect on my bg. There are other drinks, cola, red bull, monster etc which have high levels of caffeine but as I never drink these I do not know how they would affect my bg. Sometimes I suspect that one can go too far in the attempts to attain low or zero carbs. There is no debate, however, on giving up tea, it's just not gonna happen.