Caffeine for a 12 year old

Kulu

Jan 31, 2017
Visit site
Average height for Americans is about 5'11". If you want to exceed that, then I would suggest that you don't drink caffeinated drinks like soda, energy drinks and coffee. If you love the taste of coffee drinks, you could go for decaf. A cup or two of regular coffee (12oz) a week is probably not going to negatively affect you. Energy drinks (chocked full of vitamins and caffeine) are terrible for you.

I'm a short man and I can tell you from experience that there are very, very few advantages of being short.

Last edited:

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
Try organic coffee. it will help to be much taller... Just kidding.
welcome to forum.

I know that excessive energy drink is really bad for you, probably not for height matter but in general health wise, but I did not realize that drinking coffee everyday will hinder your growth.
is this scientifically proven? or from personal experience?

Kulu

Jan 31, 2017
Visit site
I know that excessive energy drink is really bad for you, probably not for height matter but in general health wise, but I did not realize that drinking coffee everyday will hinder your growth.
is this scientifically proven? or from personal experience?

Anecdotal. Coffee drinker since 3. Tee hee. If he's got good nutrition and good genes, he'll probably be fine. Everything in moderation, right?

Kulu

Jan 31, 2017
Visit site
Thanks, but about how many milligrams a day do you think i can have?

Caffeine Informer says:
[h=3]Ages 13-18[/h][FONT=&quot]While greatly limiting caffeine to this age group would be ideal, because of the increasing demands placed on teenagers in regards to school, sports, and even work; caffeine consumption is becoming more common with this age group.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Developing teens should have no more than 100mg of caffeine daily² due to the importance of sleep, brain development, inexperience with caffeine, and possibly unknown medical conditions.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This is equivalent to about:[/FONT]

• 1.3 Shots of espresso
  • 1.25 8 fl.oz. Red Bulls
  • .5 of a 5 Hour Energy Shot
  • .6 of a 16 fl.oz. can of Monster Energy Drink
  • .2 of a Starbucks Venti brewed coffee
  • 3 12 fl.oz. Cokes

georgewhittington

Apr 1, 2019
Visit site
For kids and teens, the American Academy of Pediatrics suggests caution. Adolescents ages 12 to 18 should cap daily caffeine intake at 100 mg (the equivalent of about one cup of coffee, one to two cups of tea, or two to three cans of soda). For children under 12, there's no designated safe threshold.

MntnMan62

Nov 15, 2019
New Jersey
Visit site
Sorry but I don't think you should have any coffee. You're 12. You don't need coffee. At your age you should be filled with boundless amounts of energy. My son is 17 and even now, if he has just one cup of caffeinated coffee, he experiences the jitters and is all hopped up. And he doesn't like how it makes him feel. You may not feel the same way but you are 12 and your body is growing and changing pretty much on a daily basis. Even some caffeine can serve to interfere with your development either physically, mentally or both. You have your entire life ahead of you where you can look forward to drinking coffee. But right now, my own suggestion is to put off drinking coffee, energy drinks and anything that has caffeine in it. I'm surprised your parents aren't chiming in on this subject.