Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Overclocked on Caffiene

I drink about 700mg of caffiene derived frome a 32oz cup of starbucks espresso roast drip brew, I think coffee is essential to mental peformance especialy being in a communications career field in the Air Force. I can more quickly anylize fault situations in euipment and determine the means to fix it. Raw mental performance and exceleration are a plus. I compare coffee to overclocking you can overclock a system so high before it becomes unstable and fails performing erratically. I think my daily intake is close to 1 gram of caffiene.

coffee-induced psychosis

i was searching the ne for this very thng and stumbled across this page so i decided to chime in.

i actually suffer from coffee-induced psychosis. i have no idea why, but my java-fueled exploits are legendary among my family and friends.

i used to drink pots and pots of coffee in hours. i had 4 friends and we'd hole up in the smoking section of ihop in dallas and drink 10 pots of coffee between us. i could drink 4 pots alone. then i moved back to vegas and slowed down on the coffee. i didn't drink any for a few months but then i went to hiop with a pal and had 2 cups. this was around 3am. at 5am i was spackling a hole in my mom's guest room that had been left there by the removel of a planter hook, going on about aliens. then i got all scared of the windows. on another occasion i had a frappucino and almost put a barbecue skewer through my ear because i just KNEW aliens were broadcasting signals from the stratosphere tower on the strip.

i have no idea why this happens. i eat chocolate, drink tea, and copious amounts of pepsi. even jolt cola. nothing. but something in coffee sends me off the deep end.

</crazy story>

Are all these effects (heart-rate, adrenaline, stress in general) consistent with only one cup of coffee per day? Are they weaker? I'm debating whether or not I should drop coffee altogether.

Some interesting info from this site, although it does appear to present a rather negative bias towards caffeine:... I just got finished reading what to me looked like a rather biased article against coffee...
    Don't give out that biased bullshit. Articles about the supposed benifits of coffee obviously wont tell much about the negative effects. These "how to" site only point out the main effects of caffeine on the body from more sources than just coffee... it wouldn't have anything about antioxidants.

Don't give up coffee-- just find a healthier alternative

Hi guys-- I hate to think of you giving up coffee altogether. Like Ganoman, I found the healthy coffee and love it.

My ex's mother called me last night- she has been diagnosed with cancer. I sent her a couple boxes and told her to switch- she tried it and like it. She went tothe doc yesterday and he told her her blood pressure had dropped back into the normal range. She is so excited and she couldn't thank me enough.

Anyway, my point is- there is something to chinese herbs and the reishi neutralizes out the caffeine and acid in the coffee. It's not chemically decaffeinated-- so it is tasty (my opinion of course) and it is good for you AND provides 5 hours of energy! Before giving it up, try the alternative- you may be very happy you did. I will send you a sample if you want to try it-- No strings attached.

Have a great day!

Super Moderator
    Maybe I should try it because everytime I see spam my blood pressure rises
    "Wine is for aging, not coffee."
    Ken Hutchinson, Starsky and Hutch

stop the press'

Wow, what a thread.

The last time I looked up cancer cures, diabetes cures and anything else you lay claim to, I don't recall it saying "see Gano".

Natural products on the whole and a totally devout diet can help contribute to a change in treating diseases. There is so much more to it.

But wow, your traveling medicine show is getting old fast. "Quick Fester, git me another cup of that thar mushroomey healthy coffee stuff to lay cure to me before we git to the Dodge City Forum showing."

Come on, don't try filling my head with that stuff. It's coffee only and plenty of it!

And I'm still mellow as the month of May.
    "Schlumdackledaddy"

I'm Coffee Cup Joe

That person who mentioned being in a caffeine phychosis doesn''t know what they are talking about, I am in a caffeine induced phychosis, and no, you don''t do crazy things and think you see things that aren''t really there.. you basically lose your feeling and emotions.. you don''t feel love for anybody, months drift by and you basically loose time, you don''t remember fully what you did the day before, everything is a blurr mentally.. you don''t think, you don''t learn....

If anybody else is living like this then reply to me and lets talk about this, i don''t want to hear from anybody who thinks they are in some sort of phychosis after a week of drinking caffeine, i''ve been like this since october 2003.. since the day it began, i have basically lost life, i don''t know reality as nothing looks or feels real.

Hey,

Great topic, I just made a thread about my life and the detrimental effects that caffeine had on it. I''ve been drinking caffeine for about 5-6yrs. Heavily, for the last two. I was like an alcoholic - 1 drink was too much, 10 was not enough. Even when I began to notice the negative effects, there was still something very appealing about the caffeine high... Even in my caffeine induced psychotic state.

I felt as if I was tripping on caffeine even after I had stopped for 3 days.

Now that I''ve stopped for a month, I have developed major sleeping problems (sometimes waking up 8-10 times a night).

I actually find that if I DONT get enough coffee by like 10 am I get raging headaches. I have to hurry up and drink it when they get bad and they slowly go away as soon as I start consuming the caffeine. Almost feels like I'm going through coffee/caffeine withdrawal.
    Stacey

Re: Caffeinism, Caffeine Psychosis

Indeed. In Asian countries metamphetamine users smoke something called Yaba, which is a combination of methamphetamine and caffeine. There is a documentary on this subject at video.google

so the caffeine must reinforce meth actions.

It was easier for me to stop smoking cause i drink caffeine since i was dunno 10-15 yrs old, now 25.

======================
    caffeine psychosis

Postby carcinoma on Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:46 am
    caffeine is certainly a stimulant of the sympathetic nervous system, and thus increases adrenaline, generally substances that increase the conversion of tyrosine to catecholamines have some backlash in the mesolimbic pathway (such as amphetamine s and cocaine), thus causing a psychotic side effects, I am a big coffee drinker myself, and so have wonderd about this for some tiime....could caffeine act like a dopamine agonsit and precipitate psychosis? inteersting stuff! :P

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links