How to remove coffee stain from teeth?

Hi all, I am a coffee lover! I drink at least 8 cups of coffee a day. It is true that it gives me energy to work, but at the same time it also gave me stained teeth. My upper teeth are yellowish in color. My bottom teeth are not that much yellow in color when compared to the upper ones. I feel ashamed when someone looks at my teeth when I smile. I read in a blog that teeth whitening can remove the stain. But I also read that it sometimes makes oneís teeth sensitive. Is it true? If my teeth become sensitive, I canít drink coffee right? I canít even imagine that. But I will surely try to reduce the intake. I am planning to go to a general dental services in Ottawa next week. So before that, is there anything to be taken care of before and after the procedure? If anyone has experience, please be kind to share.Thanks is advance.

Banned
    welcome to forum, Trinablackmon.
    how about using a straw to drink coffee? no touching teeth, no stains... just kidding.

My wife had same problem. she drinks about 5 to 8 cups a day. But two years ago, she went to see her dentist to get teeth whitening and in less than two month, her teeth is as white as our toilet porcelain. :+) (bad comparison, but our toilet porcelain is really white. ha ha ha)
    also she said that no problem with her teeth being sensitive.
    so I am sure that your doctor can give you some advise on teeth whitening.

PS: one of my neighbors got her dog teeth whitened and so happy about it. if you ask me, that is really good money wasted!
    PPS: my wife asked me to get some of her whitening thing too, but i politely refused. as a mid 50 old man, I do not see the point....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by thecoffeerooster.com View Post
    Crest White Strips. They work just as well as the stuff the dentist will sell you to take home, but at 1/3 the cost. Not as strong as the whitening they will do in-office, but they also won't make your teeth as sensitive.
    Yep. I absolutely agree with coffeeroster. Over the counter might not be as strong or fast as in-office stuff, but much less cost.

Besides getting my teeth cleaned a couple times a year I use Rembrandt toothpaste a couple times a week and I've been smoking and drinking coffee for many moons. Are my teeth "toilet porcelain" white, no, but then I don't want them that white, to me that doesn't look natural.

Quote Originally Posted by ensoluna View Post
    welcome to forum, Trinablackmon.
    how about using a straw to drink coffee? no touching teeth, no stains... just kidding.

My wife had same problem. she drinks about 5 to 8 cups a day. But two years ago, she went to see her dentist to get teeth whitening and in less than two month, her teeth is as white as our toilet porcelain. :+) (bad comparison, but our toilet porcelain is really white. ha ha ha)
    also she said that no problem with her teeth being sensitive.
    so I am sure that your doctor can give you some advise on teeth whitening.

PS: one of my neighbors got her dog teeth whitened and so happy about it. if you ask me, that is really good money wasted!
    PPS: my wife asked me to get some of her whitening thing too, but i politely refused. as a mid 50 old man, I do not see the point....
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by thecoffeerooster.com View Post
    Crest White Strips. They work just as well as the stuff the dentist will sell you to take home, but at 1/3 the cost. Not as strong as the whitening they will do in-office, but they also won't make your teeth as sensitive.
    Hey, thanks for sharing that. Happy to hear that it won't make teeth sensitive.

Quote Originally Posted by ensoluna View Post
    Yep. I absolutely agree with coffeeroster. Over the counter might not be as strong or fast as in-office stuff, but much less cost.
    Yeah..cost do matter. I think then I will try out the Crest White Strips.

Quote Originally Posted by Duffyjr View Post
    Besides getting my teeth cleaned a couple times a year I use Rembrandt toothpaste a couple times a week and I've been smoking and drinking coffee for many moons. Are my teeth "toilet porcelain" white, no, but then I don't want them that white, to me that doesn't look natural.
    Hi Duffyjr, Thanks for sharing.
    I too don't wan't to make my teeth as white as "toliet porcelain". But I do want to remove the stains.

Mouth washing is the better option to remove the coffee stain or using the lemon skin to rub in your teeth. It will also give good results.

The best way is to do adequate brushing in the first place cause once they get there its hard to get off.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links