Banned

How much caffeine is too much?

The "suggested" daily caffeine for an adult is about 400 mg.
    so, when you consider that Starbucks coffee (grande) is at 330 mg, and if you drink another mid morning cup (which is quite normal for coffee drinkers) at 220mg, you are already over the edge.

I am sure that the tolerance levels differ from person to person (my wife is hovering around 2,200 mgs and I am at moderate 1,500 mgs), if you exceed way more than your limit, you will feel anxiety, irritation and general mental discomfort.

And as for pregnant women, their recommended daily caffeine limit is about 200 mg (typical 8 oz coffee has 140 mgs)

what is your limit and for you, how much caffeine is too much?

How much caffeine is too much?-caffeine-junkie2-252x300.jpg

It is definitely down to the individual, Voltaire drank 50 cups a day, probably why he wrote so much. I have no idea how much caffeine I get, I drink a large mug in the morning and maybe one or two more during the day when I'm home. On the farms we are roasting and sampling all day sometimes, maybe 8 hours solid roasting, and I suppose 10 plus cups a day is normal.

The caffeine content in beverages varies, actually. If for example, you drink 5 cups of coffee within the day, that is probably too much.
    One more thing is that too much caffeine can help brew mental and behavioral disorders. It worsens anxiety most especially. So, I suggest, drink moderately.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lattelover888 View Post
    The caffeine content in beverages varies, actually. If for example, you drink 5 cups of coffee within the day, that is probably too much.
    One more thing is that too much caffeine can help brew mental and behavioral disorders. It worsens anxiety most especially. So, I suggest, drink moderately.
    I guess that "too much coffee" could be depend on each person.
    reading your other posting, it seems like you have some anxiety problem due to coffee.

Moderation is also depends on individual. In my case, I am drinking about 3 cups to 5 cups a day, when I am at home, not traveling (when I travel, one or two cups a day max).

Are you sure your caffeine data is correct ?
    I remember reading that 400 mg of caffeine is about 3 cups. I googled it and the average content for a 8 oz cup is 95 mg.

Remembering that the half life of caffeine in your body is about 6 hours. You gotta figure out how much in your body allows you to fall asleep.

The EU caffeine limit is 400mg per day. Above that and there isn't really enough evidence to conclusively say its safe

Banned
    uhhh...????
    EU (I am guessing that EU stands for European Union?!) has caffeine limit?
    never heard of this in my life.... who regulate this? EU Caffeine police? :+)

They say 400 mg. All body types are different, so that could be high or low depending on your body type.

I think more than a cup is probably overdoing it to be honest i mean is creating coffee a "natural" thing?

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links