Espresso with lemon juice

In the world there is a standard formula for the formation of a national coffee drink: coffee is taken, something local is added to it, and a drink "a la this country" is obtained. Added rum - it turned out "Jamaican coffee", added cognac - "French", etc.

There is a stereotype that "coffee -Sicilian" - is an espresso with lemon juice squeezed into it.

Not to be confused with «caffe Romano» ( «Rome-coffee"), to which is added just a piece of lemon.

To be fair to say that coffee with lemon juice in Sicily existed before, although it was not called "coffee Sicilian." I was told more than once that if you have a headache - drink coffee with a squeezed lemon

I do not know how it works, but it helped me, and this is the main thing. As the old Sicilian saying goes: "Pain that kills pain is a medicine" ...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Alakey View Post
    In the world there is a standard formula for the formation of a national coffee drink: coffee is taken, something local is added to it, and a drink "a la this country" is obtained. Added rum - it turned out "Jamaican coffee", added cognac - "French", etc.

There is a stereotype that "coffee -Sicilian" - is an espresso with lemon juice squeezed into it.

Not to be confused with «caffe Romano» ( «Rome-coffee"), to which is added just a piece of lemon.

To be fair to say that coffee with lemon juice in Sicily existed before, although it was not called "coffee Sicilian." I was told more than once that if you have a headache - drink coffee with a squeezed lemon

I do not know how it works, but it helped me, and this is the main thing. As the old Sicilian saying goes: "Pain that kills pain is a medicine" ...
    In Korea, we would put a Vitamin C cough drop candy into a black cup of coffee, specially flu season. I guess that we can put whatever into coffee and call it whatever we want to call it.. ha ha ha

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links