How much caffeine is bad for health?

TheCoffeeLover

Mar 10, 2019
New York
Visit site
Effects of caffeine

Many believe that about 400 mg of caffeine is just the right amount to enjoy its benefits without the side effects. However, it still depends on the person and how caffeine affects his or her emotional, physical, and mental wellness. Moderation is always best. :lol:

georgewhittington

Apr 1, 2019
Visit site
The Mayo Clinic state that consuming more than 500-600 mg of caffeine per day may cause health issues like insomnia, nervousness, restlessness, irritability, an upset stomach, a fast heartbeat, and even muscle tremors. However, previous research has linked even moderate amounts of caffeine to negative health effects. Up to 400 mg of caffeine, a day appears to be safe for most healthy adults.

MntnMan62

Nov 15, 2019
New Jersey
Visit site
There are between approximately 71mg to 95mg in a cup of coffee depending upon whether you drink a 6 oz. cup or 8 oz. cup. So, that would mean somewhere between 4 and 5 1/2 cups a day would be ok, again depending upon the size of the cup you are drinking. I like to limit myself to two Victor Diner Mugs of cafe au lait in the morning which probably isn't even equal to 140 mg. But it's all I need.

jasonbloom

Feb 9, 2020
Visit site
Up to 400 milligrams (mg) of caffeine, a day appears to be safe for most healthy adults. That's roughly the amount of caffeine in four cups of brewed coffee, 10 cans of cola or two "energy shot" drinks. Keep in mind that the actual caffeine content in beverages varies widely, especially among energy drinks.

georgewhittington

Apr 1, 2019
Visit site
The Mayo Clinic state that consuming more than 500-600 mg of caffeine per day may cause health issues like insomnia, nervousness, restlessness, irritability, an upset stomach, a fast heartbeat, and even muscle tremors. However, previous research has linked even moderate amounts of caffeine to negative health effects. Up to 400 mg of caffeine, a day appears to be safe for most healthy adults.