Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    OMG, I have tried so many times to stop, it's an impossible task. I feel physically unwell when I tried to stop. Anxiety, irritable and a massive headache. Anyone else?

My first day when I gave up caffeine was like a scene from Danny Boyle’s On the Needle movie. Imagine an adult man lying on the couch soaked with sweat (although it was November in the yard), his head cracking. Weak headaches continued for a whole week.

But then I began to sleep harder and longer, and my health generally improved, although sometimes in the morning I was still drawn to a cup of coffee. I became less tired in the afternoon. I’m not so annoyed when something goes wrong as I wanted. Dropped a few pounds.

Tried

I tried but it didn't work out, it need strong desire and dedication.

Something I've been doing for the last month is drinking 1/2 caff. Still drinking my 16 oz each morning, but being it's 1/2 decaff it's like drinking one cup of coffee. I did get a head ache the second day. I took two excedrine (loaded with caffine). It made my body happy for that day. 3rd day and the rest no more headaches. With the half caff I'm more tired in the afternoons, a little depressed at times, and I get constipated easily. I'm sleeping through the night better and I can focus better when I have a busy morning at work. I'll eventually go back to 16 oz of regular coffee it's just nice to have a break from the caffeine. I still crave the caffeine when I wake up but not as much when I was drinking full strength. The 1/2 caff is just enough to subdue my caffeine craving for the day.

I'm mixing Coffee Wizards no name green Costa Rica coffee (I'm roasting it med - med dark) with Starbuck's House Decaff. I will add, the Coffee Wizards Costa Rica mix's well with Seattle's Best #4 or Starbuck's House Reg. I don't care for the Costa Rica coffee by itself, it has a really thin flavor by itself.

If a person has no medical issues or averse reaction to caffeine, two cups of regular coffee each day is not going hurt you. It might even be beneficial.

I've never felt addicted to coffee and I never experienced any headaches or other withdrawal symptoms when I stop drinking it for a week or so. Each body may be different though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links