Lightbulb Has anyone tried quitting caffeine/coffee? How does it feel

Okay, i am someone who drink at least 2 cup of coffee everyday. However, after reading certain natural cleansing articles, i'm thinking to stop for few weeks. So is there any side-effect. I googled about it but all i can find was that you can have anything from a headache to severe fever. That's why i need some first-hand tips. please let me know if anyone of the member has tried it.

Coffee itself is cleansing. Seriously. It has an enzyme in it that is a laxative. If you stop drinking caffeinated coffee you will get a headache; the severity depends on your daily coffee consumption. If you are a heavy drinker you will get headaches that may even wake you from a sleep. That has happened to me.

Len
    "I believe humans get a lot done, not because we're smart, but because we have thumbs so we can make coffee." ~Flash Rosenberg

I like coffee and wish I could drink it all day long. As it is I limit myself to 16 oz each morning. I also like iced tea in the summer. Typically I'll get a bad headache when I quit caffeine. I did quit caffeine a month ago to start a 10 day water only fast. I quit the coffee two days before the fast. I do believe the reason I did not get a headache this time was because I was not taking a lot of caffeine in before I quit. I agree 100% with the above "The severity depends on your daily coffee consumption".

It si really dangerous.stop that.

I went caffeine free about three years ago for health reasons. I used to drink a ridiculous amount of coffee say about 12 cups a day. I did get a headache that lasted for a day or so but it was not that bad. To be honest it was a lot easier than I thought it was going to be.

In individuals who are delicate to caffeine, only some coffee can make them feel unsteady and restless. While consuming caffeine can cause feelings of anxiousness, cutting it out can cause this side effect as well. Anxiety is a commonly reported symptom in people who withdraw from regular caffeine consumption.

Hola hello I’m 24, been drinking coffee since I was maybe 17. I used to have one or two cups everyday. Just black coffee or an iced Americano if I went out for coffee. About two months ago I started to wean off and tried substituting with teas instead. I did every coffee and tea starting off, then every other day and eventually am now drinking only tea! I didn’t like coffee staining my teeth either and with tea, I drink roibos, chai, Earl Grey, English black, green and sometimes others too! I do about two cups of tea every morning with honey and sometimes coconut milk. Haven’t looked back. At first I had some headaches but now they’re gone. I love it!!

BIC
    quitting coffee in the morning?
    then...
    I have to up the dosage on my ExLax....

Brutal headache on day one. Tired next day. After that its pretty good. I stop drinking coffee on a regular basis. I use a weekend.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links