Has anyone tried quitting caffeine/coffee? How does it feel

coffeelover11

Dec 5, 2018
Visit site
Okay, i am someone who drink at least 2 cup of coffee everyday. However, after reading certain natural cleansing articles, i'm thinking to stop for few weeks. So is there any side-effect. I googled about it but all i can find was that you can have anything from a headache to severe fever. That's why i need some first-hand tips. please let me know if anyone of the member has tried it.

Mar 28, 2011
Connecticut
Visit site
Coffee itself is cleansing. Seriously. It has an enzyme in it that is a laxative. If you stop drinking caffeinated coffee you will get a headache; the severity depends on your daily coffee consumption. If you are a heavy drinker you will get headaches that may even wake you from a sleep. That has happened to me.

Len

dhuber

Dec 10, 2018
Visit site
I like coffee and wish I could drink it all day long. As it is I limit myself to 16 oz each morning. I also like iced tea in the summer. Typically I'll get a bad headache when I quit caffeine. I did quit caffeine a month ago to start a 10 day water only fast. I quit the coffee two days before the fast. I do believe the reason I did not get a headache this time was because I was not taking a lot of caffeine in before I quit. I agree 100% with the above "The severity depends on your daily coffee consumption".

MasterKush

Dec 19, 2018
Visit site
I went caffeine free about three years ago for health reasons. I used to drink a ridiculous amount of coffee say about 12 cups a day. I did get a headache that lasted for a day or so but it was not that bad. To be honest it was a lot easier than I thought it was going to be.

georgewhittington

Apr 1, 2019
Visit site
In individuals who are delicate to caffeine, only some coffee can make them feel unsteady and restless. While consuming caffeine can cause feelings of anxiousness, cutting it out can cause this side effect as well. Anxiety is a commonly reported symptom in people who withdraw from regular caffeine consumption.

seoking

Mar 23, 2019
Visit site
[FONT=&quot]Hola hello I’m 24, been drinking coffee since I was maybe 17. I used to have one or two cups everyday. Just black coffee or an iced Americano if I went out for coffee. About two months ago I started to wean off and tried substituting with teas instead. I did every coffee and tea starting off, then every other day and eventually am now drinking only tea! I didn’t like coffee staining my teeth either and with tea, I drink roibos, chai, Earl Grey, English black, green and sometimes others too! I do about two cups of tea every morning with honey and sometimes coconut milk. Haven’t looked back. At first I had some headaches but now they’re gone. I love it!![/FONT]

jasonbloom

Feb 9, 2020
Visit site
If caffeine is a big part of your daily diet, taking it away can have a host of unpleasant effects in the short term. These include headache, tiredness, sleepiness, down moods, trouble concentrating, and crankiness. You'll start to feel symptoms a day or two after you stop.

GuyanaCoffeeLover

Apr 20, 2020
Visit site
OMG, I have tried so many times to stop, it's an impossible task. I feel physically unwell when I tried to stop. Anxiety, irritable and a massive headache. Anyone else?

Artur77

May 2, 2020
Visit site
My first day when I gave up caffeine was like a scene from Danny Boyle’s On the Needle movie. Imagine an adult man lying on the couch soaked with sweat (although it was November in the yard), his head cracking. Weak headaches continued for a whole week.

But then I began to sleep harder and longer, and my health generally improved, although sometimes in the morning I was still drawn to a cup of coffee. I became less tired in the afternoon. I’m not so annoyed when something goes wrong as I wanted. Dropped a few pounds.

dhuber

Dec 10, 2018
Visit site
Something I've been doing for the last month is drinking 1/2 caff. Still drinking my 16 oz each morning, but being it's 1/2 decaff it's like drinking one cup of coffee. I did get a head ache the second day. I took two excedrine (loaded with caffine). It made my body happy for that day. 3rd day and the rest no more headaches. With the half caff I'm more tired in the afternoons, a little depressed at times, and I get constipated easily. I'm sleeping through the night better and I can focus better when I have a busy morning at work. I'll eventually go back to 16 oz of regular coffee it's just nice to have a break from the caffeine. I still crave the caffeine when I wake up but not as much when I was drinking full strength. The 1/2 caff is just enough to subdue my caffeine craving for the day.

I'm mixing Coffee Wizards no name green Costa Rica coffee (I'm roasting it med - med dark) with Starbuck's House Decaff. I will add, the Coffee Wizards Costa Rica mix's well with Seattle's Best #4 or Starbuck's House Reg. I don't care for the Costa Rica coffee by itself, it has a really thin flavor by itself.

If a person has no medical issues or averse reaction to caffeine, two cups of regular coffee each day is not going hurt you. It might even be beneficial.

Cafnut

May 25, 2020
Visit site
I've never felt addicted to coffee and I never experienced any headaches or other withdrawal symptoms when I stop drinking it for a week or so. Each body may be different though.