Is coffee good or bad for my health?

Harry_Will1

Apr 20, 2020
Visit site
Some people say coffee has many health benefits some say it's bad for your health.

Let us have a look about benefits of drinking coffee:

Cut the Pain.
Increase your fiber intake.Good for your liver.
Lowered risk of Type 2 Diabetes.
Lowered risk of Alzheimer's disease.
Reduces suicide risk and Depression.

These are the all the benefits of drinking coffee on which everyone is agreed upon.
Now here are the bad effects of drinking coffee:

Caffeine causes a short but sudden increase in blood pressure.
Drinking 3-4 cups of coffee a day increases the risk of kidney disease.
Bad coffee can be toxic.
Coffee may cause digestive issues
Coffee may cause Muscle Breakdown.
Coffee may cause fatigue.

Now what do you think about it.
Is coffee good or bad for your health?

georgewhittington

Apr 1, 2019
Visit site
Like so many foods and nutrients, too much coffee can cause problems, especially in the digestive tract. But studies have shown that drinking up to four 8-ounce cups of coffee per day is safe. Sticking to those boundaries shouldn't be hard for coffee drinkers in the U.S., since most drink just a cup of java per day.

JeffD

Jan 27, 2022
Upstate New York
Visit site
As I mentioned in another thread, there are health advantages to coffee that are seldom listed:

It is good for your health long term to reliably be at work on time day after day after year after year.
It is good for your health long term to be productive and get stuff done.
It is good for your health long term to be cheerful and buoyant in personality.
It is good for your health to be able to think faster than your boss.

Seriously, to what purpose is avoiding some digestive issues if your unemployable due to a lack of discipline or ambition, sluggish when you do get to work, having a slowed down draggy personality, and your boss always seems to know when to ask about the project that is behind. :)

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Every single person alive (or dead, lmao) will tolerate things differently. Asking for health advice online is a bit hilarious as nobody can honestly answer. I handle coffee quite well digestion-wise as well as caffeine. I can easily/safely consume up to 1 gram daily with no change in blood pressure, pulse, etc. Have had neurology confirm my caffeine intake was no realistic cause for concern. That was after having two small strokes associated with a debilitating illness, but no real long term damage and recovering nicely all things considered. No anxiety, restlessness, those sorts of things usually associated with caffeine either. I have family members that get jacked off of 1 double shot when it's not even a warm up for me.

I know some are concerned with cholesterol, etc. with some forms of coffee like press, espresso where there is no real filtration taking place. Again, I have labs done often and my cholesterol/triglycerides are spot on. We all process things differently, mentally and physically. My take on everything in life is that if it doesn't kill me I will keep pushing for more every day! Now time for my 6th double of the morning...

xisula

Jun 8, 2022
toronto
Visit site
Coffee has both effects on your Health, Please follow thishttps://www.coffeeforums.com/threads/looking-for-some-healthy-coffee-recipes.20955/ article to make a healthy coffee.

danielmeyers

Oct 11, 2022
Dublin, Ireland
Visit site
Some people say coffee has many health benefits some say it's bad for your health.

Let us have a look about benefits of drinking coffee:

Cut the Pain.
Increase your fiber intake.Good for your liver.
Lowered risk of Type 2 Diabetes.
Lowered risk of Alzheimer's disease.
Reduces suicide risk and Depression.

These are the all the benefits of drinking coffee on which everyone is agreed upon.
Now here are the bad effects of drinking coffee:

Caffeine causes a short but sudden increase in blood pressure.
Drinking 3-4 cups of coffee a day increases the risk of kidney disease.
Bad coffee can be toxic.
Coffee may cause digestive issues
Coffee may cause Muscle Breakdown.
Coffee may cause fatigue.

Now what do you think about it.
Is coffee good or bad for your health?
If you have no medical contraindications then coffee is definitely useful, but only in reasonable doses.
As for medical contraindications, I definitely advise you to consult a doctor, and not to look for advice on the Internet, they can only harm you.
Just as one glass of red wine a day will never harm your body, and in some ways will even be beneficial, so too much alcohol can ruin you.

JeffD

Jan 27, 2022
Upstate New York
Visit site
Everything is dangerous and has to be used in moderation. Don't drink too much water. Way too much water can overwhelm the kidneys and the excess can dilute your blood's sodium and risks hyponatremia, which can be life threatening. Check with your doctor how much water is too much.

Last edited:

baristaraimo

Jan 20, 2023
Millburn, NJ
Visit site
Did you know that coffee can be a pretty healthy drink if you enjoy it in moderation? According to the Harvard School of Public Health, drinking coffee in moderation can benefit you. Coffee has lots of antioxidants that are helpful for our health. However, the key is to not go overboard with sugar and other additives, which can turn your coffee into an unhealthy beverage.

Troubardour

Apr 14, 2020
Costa Rica and US
Visit site
I did research on this before, and it turned out that the myth of coffee being bad came from a "Scientific study" in which the group was being given about 8 cups a day. This of course is unrealistic. Eat 10 watermelons a day and you'll also get sick :) Coffee is a natural and beautiful product, especially when you consume the essential oils by brewing with the right coffee methods that don't use paper filters.

There is a great video from Dr. Sanjiv Chopra who is Deepak's brother on the health benefits of coffee I highly recommend.

☕️❤️