Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    A 6oz cup of coffee contains about 100mg caffeine apparently, I think an espresso is somewhat less....so the report below gives some interesting findings.
    http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/caffein ... heet.shtml

LDLO is an abbreviation for Lethal Dose Low, the minimum amount of a chemical which tests have shown will be lethal to a specified type of animal

TDLO, lowest published toxic dose, not not lethal dose!!

The data seems to indicate they killed more women than men, but the data is a bit all over the place. Interestingly a 50kg woman would need to be intravenously injected with more caffeine than in 100 cups of coffee.

The most unfavourable data for a human appears to be in the region of 320 cups of coffee, and for children at least 210 cups of coffee.

So around 12 or 13 Gallons of coffee and you might be in trouble, but remember this is the minimum amount that could be lethal, and the report is about "pure caffeine"....so thats a large hit all at once.

It's all relative to the source anyway. Most of the deaths that have occurred resulted in an OD with caffeine in a pill form. I'm pretty sure a communist government could tell us exactly how many pills it truly takes but I guess we will never really know.
    Have you ever walked through the aisle of your local grocer and smelled the death of a dying bean?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links