Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Coffee Prevents Muscle Pain During Exercise

This is a discussion on Coffee Prevents Muscle Pain During Exercise within the Caffeine Health forums, part of the Coffee Addicts category; interesting!...

interesting!

2. # ADS

The headache thing makes sense, as I sometimes get a headache if I haven't had enough caffeine. But I'm having a hard time believing that about pain from running. The only thing I know of to minimize running pains is properly stretching before and after. I'd be interested to read the actual article instead of just a quote pulled from it.

Well I guess you learn something every day never new this, but if you told someone a glass of water has a pain reliever in it it might work just as well. Still interesting though.

While I don't believe everything I read on the internet... This one may have some truth behind it check these out:

Study Shows Caffeine Boosts Pain Relief | The Hub | Bicycling.com

Coffee helps douse workout pain - Health - LiveScience | NBC News

The second link is a major news network, so they "usually" don't lead you wrong....

And of course for headaches has already been well established:

Migraines, Headaches, and Caffeine

I haven't gone for a bike ride in a while, but I remember having a cup of coffee after I got back was the best part...

look into getting taurine in bulk, preliminary research shows that caffeine paired with taurine (one of the ingredients in red bull) increases athletic performance in a number of ways. Most importantly though, taurine reduced your diastolic blood pressure, and is associated with reduced risk of complications when treating patients with heart attacks

Quote Originally Posted by crlssctt View Post
    look into getting taurine in bulk, preliminary research shows that caffeine paired with taurine (one of the ingredients in red bull) increases athletic performance in a number of ways. Most importantly though, taurine reduced your diastolic blood pressure, and is associated with reduced risk of complications when treating patients with heart attacks
    It's also the component that is highly addicting, and has the worst withdrawal symptoms...... I'll stick to my caffeine in coffee... Thanks...

There is n doubt that coffee helps us during exercise. It prevents us from muscle pain during any exercise. I am also a bodybuilder and i feel no muscle pain during exercise because i drink coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by MyMugsHalfFull View Post
    It's also the component that is highly addicting, and has the worst withdrawal symptoms...... I'll stick to my caffeine in coffee... Thanks...
    I haven't read anything about it being addicting, would you mind giving me your source? As far as I can tell it's an essential amino with many many positives

Quote Originally Posted by crlssctt View Post
    I haven't read anything about it being addicting, would you mind giving me your source? As far as I can tell it's an essential amino with many many positives
    Quite a lot of things about Taurine:

Can be addictive, not bad for you in right amounts. However, energy drinks take it to the extreme.

Taurine: the new legal cocaine ???

Is taurine good or bad for you

The Dangers of Taurine in Energy Drinks | Natural Health & Organic Living Blog

I guess Taurine isn't bad for you in right amounts, but seeings how it's a neurotransmitter/co-transmitter, then it can be addictive, and the research is varied a lot on it...

I had my own personal experience with Taurine... It was horrible. Of course I was drinking 3 "Batteries" a day and it said to only drink 1. It contained 3,000 mg of Taurine... So of course....

Excedrin is an over-the-counter migraine pain reliever which contains caffeine!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Ads