Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Coffee Prevents Muscle Pain During Exercise

This is a discussion on Coffee Prevents Muscle Pain During Exercise within the Caffeine Health forums, part of the Coffee Addicts category; Reported in this month's (March 2004) Runner's World Magazine: Caffeine blocks adenosine from activating pain response in nerve fibres, thus reducing pain........

Coffee Prevents Muscle Pain During Exercise

Reported in this month's (March 2004) Runner's World Magazine:

Caffeine blocks adenosine from activating pain response in nerve fibres, thus reducing pain.....
    "Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love." -- Turkish Proverb

2. # ADS

I do remember caffeine being an important ingredient to note for pain releif medicine.

They use the caffeine for its pain releif properties, the cause for concern is that for heachaches caffeine will augment the pain and duration of the headache.
    The man with the many Coffee hats.

Caffeine and Headaches

It can help or hurt, depending.

My wife drinks 1 cup of my coffee/day to help prevent her migranes, but, in some individuals, coffee can induce headaches.
    "Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love." -- Turkish Proverb

Hi everybody,
    Coffee has much better one impact on the health and body figure, So have coffee on daily basis and got the benefits of this one products....
    Last edited by PinkRose; 12-17-2012 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Removed URL to non-coffee related website.

CJA
    I recall reading something similar (about caffeine blocking pain)...if I can find the reference I'll post it here.

Hmmm, I can see that the caffeine helps block the pain receptors, also any extra liquid helps flush lactic acid. And warn liquid (coffee) helps warm up a sore body. On the down side, coffee can dehydrate you and work against flushing lactic acid if you are not also drinking water or similar.

CJA
    Agreed with Fireball1234 on the dehydration thing -- after my two morning cups I end up drinking a 1.5L of water throughout the day to rehydrate (plus it's just healthy). I know I'm probably drinking more than I need to but I've kind of taken a liking to drinking lots of water now...

I have heard similar things too. But from my opinion, its really hard to find out if it is fact or not unless the source of information has some authority. Whatever the result is, i might not give up drinking 4/5 cups of coffee per day

Interesting.....A coca-cola always feels good after a workout. just kidding; but I wouldn't take caffine pills after a workout anyway. The muscle soreness helps me go to sleep. yogaflooring com

workout pain give a very deep sleep, and there is no need to take caffeine pills.
    Moderator removed two non-coffee related links from his signature!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ads