Coffee is a health drink

Rowley

Mar 7, 2003
California
Visit site
reported on the BBC, Chiara Trombetti has studied the effects of coffee and released a scientific report on (only) Coffee's health benefits.

a quick rundown:
Coffee is good for the heart, liver, headaches, asthma, fatigue.

It notes to avoid coffee if you are pregnant or have heart or other medical conditions.

My favorite part is the recommendation to children, to help their school work. I have pity for the teachers' who get a class of caffeinated children, but heck if the kids are learning more thats great!

bbc.co.uk

tintinet

Sep 8, 2003
Visit site
New Finnish Study Reported in JAMA- Coffee Reduces DM Risk

"Results During a mean follow-up of 12 years, there were 381 incident cases of type 2 DM. After adjustment for confounding factors (age, study year, body mass index, systolic blood pressure, education, occupational, commuting and leisure-time physical activity, alcohol and tea consumption, and smoking), the HRs of DM associated with the amount of coffee consumed daily (0-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-9, 10 cups) were 1.00, 0.71 (95% confidence interval [CI], 0.48-1.05), 0.39 (95% CI, 0.25-0.60), 0.39 (95% CI, 0.20-0.74), and 0.21 (95% CI, 0.06-0.69) (P for trend<.001) in women, and 1.00, 0.73 (95% CI, 0.47-1.13), 0.70 (95% CI, 0.45-1.05), 0.67 (95% CI, 0.40-1.12), and 0.45 (95% CI, 0.25-0.81) (P for trend = .12) in men, respectively. In both sexes combined, the multivariate-adjusted inverse association was significant (P for trend <.001) and persisted when stratified by younger and older than 50 years; smokers and never smokers; healthy weight, overweight, and obese participants; alcohol drinker and nondrinker; and participants drinking filtered and nonfiltered coffee.

Conclusion Coffee drinking has a graded inverse association with the risk of type 2 DM; however, the reasons for this risk reduction associated with coffee remain unclear. "

http://jama.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/ab ... 91/10/1213

http://snipurl.com/4zod

Jamesmartin

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I think this is the good thought that the caffeine is the health drink.It is good for the health.The benefits of the coffee to the health is this.It keeps your mind and body on the alertness.It is the best energy drink in the world that i have seen.

CaffeineFx

Jan 28, 2012
Canada
Visit site
I think this is the good thought that the caffeine is the health drink.It is good for the health.The benefits of the coffee to the health is this.It keeps your mind and body on the alertness.It is the best energy drink in the world that i have seen.

True when it comes to energy nothing is more time tested than a cup of Joe!
Interestingly enough I've heard that Coffee is the average American's #1 source of antioxidants
Imagine if they drank green tea as well :coffee:

deborahmunoz

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Coffee can be good for our health; but it should not be taken by pregnant women. Drinking coffee could give us some health benefits.

Last edited by a moderator: