Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Are pregnant women really not allowed to drink coffee? WHY??

What are good, pregnancy friendly pizza toppings?
    I'm in my first tri-mester of pregnancy and craving a pizza for dinner, going to make my own, but can't have ham, bacon, or any other processed meats, does anyone have any good suggestions for toppings?

During pregnancy, women are slower to metabolise caffeine, taking 18 hours to clear the equivalent of one cup of coffee from the system compared with a norm of four to six hours.If women consume too much caffeine, the levels of stimulant in their blood will gradually build, with each cup of coffee adding to the burden. Since caffeine crosses the placenta, the unborn baby will be affected.

What you should/shouldn't do during pregnancy changes with the times. At one point no one thought twice about drinking alcohol when they were pregnant. Then we were told that alcohol is taboo during pregnancy (for good reason). I now have friends who are pregnant and their doctors say that it's okay to have a little alcohol once in a while.

The same is true with caffeine. I think it's our knee-jerk reaction when we find that there are negative impacts when we indulge in something to excess. Instead of deciding that we should minimize our caffeine impact we automatically jump to the conclusion that it should be avoided all together. But there's a big difference between 6 cups of coffee a day and 1.

The bottom line is that only you can decide how you should handle your pregnancy. You can listen to advice on forums like these, but you would be better off talking to your doctor, doing a little online research and deciding for yourself what is right for you.

Best of luck! Children are a blessing - but you'll need all the caffeine you can get once the baby is born!

Nice information, thank's

Quote Originally Posted by coffeetology girl View Post
    Hi!

I been drinking coffee since grade 2 and coffee is almost my water. I drink it from the moment I wake-up, after every meal and whenever I feel like having a break from my work. Now, I',m kinna worried because we'll getting married next year and we are planning to have a kid by next year as well --- Whem I get pregnant, does it mean I won't be able to drink cofffee for more than 9 months? WHY???

And if I can't drink coffee, what will I drink as alternative. I can't drink milk alone and I'm not really a fan of tea. My best bet is hot chocolate though it is too sweet from me. Suggestions anyone???

Any doctors here who can help me out
    Pregnant women can drink coffee in moderately, coffee makes your heart beast faster. And also Caffeine is legally drug and is not good for you and to the baby.

Lady goes to the doctor and asks, "I am thinking about getting pregnant and so I thought I would come for a checkup first."
    DOCTOR: Good idea. Let's have a lookee see.
    [After checkup then states] I want you to wait before conceiving. Give up coffee for two months, then come back and see me.
    LADY: Two months? Really.
    DOCTOR: Yes.
    [two very long months pass]
    LADY: OK Doctor. I have not had a drink of coffee in two months.
    DOCTOR: Not a drop?
    LADY: Nothing.
    DOCTOR: OK then. Go ahead and conceive.
    LADY: Are you sure? You're not even going to give me another checkup to make sure?
    DOCTOR: That won't be necessary.
    LADY: So what did stopping drinking coffee for TWO FREAKIN' MONTHS have to do with it!?
    DOCTOR: I just wanted to make sure you really wanted to have kids.

After some new studies last year, the consensus is that under 200 mg. per day isn't going to harm a baby. If you drink over that, you can seriously increase your risk of a miscarriage.

Banned
    I agree, decaf is not a sin. If someone is a real coffee addict, it is the flavor that keeps 'em coming back.
    I was drinking coffee all day long a while back and I realized that I was addicted to the caffeine, the problem was that I loved my coffee
    but I don't like anything to have that much power over me. I got the addiction under control. I let myself go through
    detox, cold turkey. It was painful. Then someone told me just drink decaf and the light went off in head that what I truly loved
    about the coffee was the taste and the experience of drinking a hot cup, slowly sipping it and so forth.

Oh yeah, check out: Javita.ws

CJA
    I've read that pregnant women drinking caffeine can have ill effects on the fetus -- I'll post any references I find in this thread.

Well I think It´s dangerous for baby´s health to drink coffee while you´re pregnant... Maybe you gotta check more info on it

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links