Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Drinking Coffee May Extend Life

This is a discussion on Drinking Coffee May Extend Life within the Caffeine Health forums, part of the Coffee Addicts category; I prefer to read about the positive benefits of coffee. Don't see how a bean and it's natural caffeine can be bad for you....

I prefer to read about the positive benefits of coffee. Don't see how a bean and it's natural caffeine can be bad for you.

2. # ADS

I think really eating any organic plant matter (with a few exceptions...) increases longevity. For example eating a plant based diet leads to lower cholesterol and a more nutrient dense diet.

Herbs and spices have been found to increase life expectancy. A big one being cumin... people have started adding this spice in almost daily because they they want to be healthy. Any tea or coffee would essentially act the same way as a herb or spice would. The healthiest probably being Matcha. I also heard good things about Yerba-Mate.

The only negative thing about coffee (not including cream or sugar or if you have cheap processed coffee) I could possibly come up with is its acidic content. The acidity is not good for your stomach.... but in moderation it's not too bad. The good definatly out weighs the bad
    Last edited by tankin_tummy; 09-10-2012 at 05:06 PM.

Health benefits of coffee

Not ANY organic plant matter is healthy... of course there are poisonous mushrooms, for instance. Longevity is increased when the plant assists in overall human health. I think brewed coffee is so good for us that even its acidity and the addition of cream and sugar do not negate the benefits of the high concentration of anti-oxidants in coffee. It is fun to look at longevity stats of people from around the world. Compare that with people who drink the most coffee. There is a very close match! Finland seems to be the exception. High coffee consumption, but not improved longevity. My theory: their excessive alcohol consumption effectively undermines the benefits of the coffee. But seen another way, without the coffee, their life spans would be even shorter. Coffee is known to reduce liver disease.

Quote Originally Posted by tankin_tummy View Post
    I think really eating any organic plant matter (with a few exceptions...) increases longevity. For example eating a plant based diet leads to lower cholesterol and a more nutrient dense diet.

Herbs and spices have been found to increase life expectancy. A big one being cumin... people have started adding this spice in almost daily because they they want to be healthy. Any tea or coffee would essentially act the same way as a herb or spice would. The healthiest probably being Matcha. I also heard good things about Yerba-Mate.

The only negative thing about coffee (not including cream or sugar or if you have cheap processed coffee) I could possibly come up with is its acidic content. The acidity is not good for your stomach.... but in moderation it's not too bad. The good definatly out weighs the bad

I am guessing that the US has lower life expectancy due to diet and soda consumption. Diet soda is very bad for you and anything with corn syrup is right behind it. I have heard that coffee has great health benefits though and that is why I drink a few cups a day... ok maybe not but if anyone asks that is what I will say!

So thats me living to 125. Or it may be just down to lifestyle and diet
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TheCoffeeLocator where anyone, anywhere in the world, can sell their coffee to anyone, anywhere in the world

I don't think that drinking coffee can extend life. Cut coffee can help us to stay awake without sleepy.

wow, that is an interesting data that worth sharing. Thanks a lot ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ads