Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

coffee makes me angry

This is a discussion on coffee makes me angry within the Caffeine Health forums, part of the Coffee Addicts category; When I am riding a coffee buzz I quite often get irritable. I do believe that the drug and the energy it gives you can ...

coffee makes me angry

When I am riding a coffee buzz I quite often get irritable. I do believe that the drug and the energy it gives you can lead you to a hostile attitude and somtimes make people go nuts, road rage, loud mouth assholism etc.

2. # ADS

Caffeine is commonly associated anxiety, which could easly trigger an angry or assholish attitude when you feel uncomfortable.

I didn't read this from a study either, it was my life when I was 16-18. I calmed down when I cut back on the coffee and sodas.

Try explaining to lay off the caffeine to someone who is coffee buzzing your ear off.
    The man with the many Coffee hats.

Re: coffee makes me angry

Yeah it is interesting that people consume substance that has so many negative emotional effects. Who like to feel anxiety or anger ?

gee, i'm glad it doesn't affect me that way. i love drinking coffee, and cannot imagine being anything other than happy to have a cup of coffee in front of me.
    looking for better coffee and better ways of making it.

I get irritable when I DON'T get my morning doses. Like any drug, managing your addiction is crucial to how it affects your behaviour. Moderation has worked best for me. I try not to drink 'spro at night, but there are times when it soothes me, instead of causing anxiety/sleeplessness...depends on my frame of mind.
    Last edited by alphawave7; 03-24-2011 at 03:05 AM.

Yup. Caffeine is an addictive substance. Like with most other addictions, some people don't handle it well. No food or drink has ever made me irratable if I don't have it or have to much of it. Well except for maybe Oreo cookies.

I'm not sure I can believe this. If you are angry TC it's because you have issues of your own (no offence), don't try to blame it on coffee.

Most people get irritable when they haven't had their coffee. But I've never heard of people being irritable AFTER coffee.

EDIT: He made this topic nearly 7 years ago... lol.

Boogieman isn't alone. While I'd agree that we do have to take responsibility for our own actions, and reactions, there are those that, when they have frustrations and concerns, sometimes minor or many times major, can be pushed "over the edge" by coffee, and for that matter, a number of food items that alter our "baseline" physiology. I won't recite the physiological issues, as I'm not qualified, but I'll presume it has alot to do with the caffine, and how it causes our systems to "accelerate", so to speak. But I know "the issue" to which BMan refers. I have some friends that can drink multiple straight shots and not be affected at all. And I KNOW they've got issues with which they're dealing. I'm on the "inside" of the specialty coffee industry circle, and frankly, I'm a bit allergic, and more sensitive, to the caffine than most of my non-coffee industry friends. (it's like letting the kids have pet cats... and being allergic to the cat hair!) Coffee does change my body chemistry, and can alter my level of tolerance, so to speak. I suppose, the responsible approach when we know ourselves well enough, is to be mindful of what coffee can do, and drink accordingly. (I'm guessing this falls into the category of "...don't blame the drug, blame the user?")
    Last edited by alsterling; 03-26-2011 at 11:49 PM.
    And I ask myself... why take blood pressure med's every morning... when they're backed up by downing two double capuccinos? I mean, I love the taste, but my heart's beat'n like a scared rabbit...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    I get irritable when I DON'T get my morning doses.
    ^^^This

I went on a "lifestyle change" just over 1 year ago instead of a diet that included cutting out soda. At the time, my biggest vice (ice cream a very very close 2nd). I'm now just a 1 8oz cup of OJ in the morning, 2-3 cups of coffee and 1/2 gallon of water per day, kinda joe.

I could go w/out the water and glass of oj, but the coffee.....not-so-much. That would make me an angry person by not having at least 1 cup.

Not having enough caffeine makes me angry. Anything short of 1,000mg daily really takes the wind out of my sails.
    I'm a legend among my own kind... you my friend are just a legend in your own mind. Later!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Ads