Caffeine Anaphylaxis

CaffeineAnaphylaxis

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Basically, the title's "other" translation is: a coffee lover's worse nightmare. Believe me, it's the worse thing that's happened in my life. What life? It literally ruined my life. I've been wrongfully diagnosed as having schizophrenia. I have no friends. I do not attend school, nor do I work. I mostly spend my days at home isolated from the outside world. Talking with people makes me uncomfortable. My brain seems to be working much faster than you'd normally expect, though, it may not appear so, because I have to work extra hard at concentrating on each individual thought or cluster of thoughts. It's most embarrassing when I'm talking to someone and I completely forget what I'm talking about before I finish expressing my thought/s. Add coffee, and I end up forgetting were I am for short bursts of time.

To say the least: It stopped being fun a long time ago.

I definitely have brain damage. I want to get a brain scan, but for some reason this proves to be difficult without any severe physical effects. My family doctor says: "schizophrenia is a functional disorder, not a neurological one." So, they don't want to waste time by examining something which will probably appear as normal. How screwed up is that?

The worse part is that I still drink coffee. I'm so far gone that it's almost impossible for me to stop. I have no one who's actually willing to help me out. It's just me and my caffeine. The people I live with (my family) just don't understand. They say - while sipping their coffee - that I have a mental disorder and should take my pills and not worry about anything else. I figured it out, but there's no one to help me. I almost lost the willpower to go on and to quit this horrifically damaging addiction.

I have a quit date set: Mon. 16th (this coming Monday). Until then, I'll continue to drink coffee and do some research in regards to my health, etc. Perhaps, there's some sort of a caffeine-recovery-program out there, or perhaps, I can invent one. Anyway, take a look at this:

http://www.successfulschizophrenia.org/stories/whalen01.html

If any of this sounds familiar, or is of interest to you, then please do your own research, and if possible, post any interesting finds on here (I'll do the same). Any help would be most appreciated. Thank you!

Kind regards,

danneva

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Caffeine is an addictive stimulant that temporarily speeds up neurotransmission and raise serotonin. Caffeine can be had by drinking tea, coffee, soft drinks and any chocolates. It is also available in drugs used to treat headaches, allergy, cold pills and pain relief. Mind when over-agitated due to consumption of coffee is known as caffeine allergy. The allergic reaction to caffeine is known as anaphylaxis. During this condition, the body tends to get into a state of “fight” or “flight”. One feels nervous and agitated. This caffeine anaphylaxis results in the collapse of the “blood brain wall” and also brings about toxic dementia. Irritation, lack of sufficient sleep, one can experience hallucinations, increases pain and muscle tension are some of the effects of caffeine allergy. Reduce the intake of coffee and other beverages, which contain caffeine is the best way to prevent and avoid the allergy. Those suffering from caffeine allergy are often mistaken to suffer from mental disorders such as bipolar or schizophrenia. The symptoms do cause a lot of discomfort.

pgard

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Essentially, the title's "other" translation is: a coffee lover's worse nightmare. Trust me, it is the worse factor that's happened during my existence. What existence? It literally destroyed my existence. I have been wrongfully identified as getting schizophrenia. I've no buddies. I don't attend school, nor will i work. I mostly spend my days in your own home isolated in the outdoors world. Speaking with individuals makes me uncomfortable. My brain appears to become working considerably faster than you'd normally expect, though, it might not appear so, because I must work extra hard at focusing on every individual thought or cluster of ideas. It's most embarrassing when I am speaking to someone and that i completely forget what I am speaking about before I finish indicating my thought/s. Add coffee, and that i finish up failing to remember were I'm for brief bursts of your time.

CJA

Sep 20, 2011
Washington D.C.
Visit site
I probably didn't have it even a fraction as bad as you, but when I switched from drinking 10 cups of coffee a day to 2 -- overnight -- I literally felt like I was going to die. It rendered me ineffective for almost 4 months until I baselined my body to the 2 cups a day.

Good luck with everything...

styleshs

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
Your article was like "wow", I had never heard of anything like that before, however, it was quite interesting. My mother used to give my youngest son coffee after he got home from school and he is already hyper. Once I found out I had a talk with her and she supposedly stopped, but now I am getting him tested because of his behavior in school of not being able to focus because his brain is going a mile a minute. I don't necessarily know if the two have anything to do with each other but I will soon see what the doctors have to say.

I don't know if you are still able to drink coffee but if you want to try some organic healthy coffee let me know I can point you in that direction. In the mean time I hope things are better for you.

HalfCaffeinated

Feb 22, 2012
USA
Visit site
Hm. Odd. I've been drinking nigh on a pot a day for a long time now. I quit drinking coffee for some time due to travel and I needed a break. Nothing happened. I missed my coffee, surely, but I didn't nearly die or anything!

Cheers!

Brandon @ HalfCafReviews

Jilly.C

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Hello
I'm a journalist and wanted to draw attention to this condition - if you're interested in being interviewed for a respected publication get in touch. Jill