I have had a strange experience with a caffeine product

ellesa

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Im not a coffee drinker, unless I get up very early and need something to wake me up.

I decided to buy these caffeine infused tights which are supposed to tone, firm and smooth out your legs. Ive only worn them twice now and both times, I have experienced the following:

Feeling "high" like someone would if they were on drugs
Feeling as though Im drunk (but not with a hangover afterwards hehe)
I have so much energy and motivation to do things

Its good with having more energy but I also feel a bit out of it lol.

The question is, caffeine can have an effect on you if you drink it in coffee, but if its a product which is absorbed through :? your skin, can that have the same effect on me as it would if I drank a strong cup of coffee?

Theres nothing Ive changed in my life, where these feelings could be anything else. It has to be the caffeine tights, but it seems so weird. Ive also looked all over the internet for similar stories from others who have worn these, but I can only find good reviews of the product, I cant find anything about what Im feeling.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello Ellesa,

I had never heard of caffeine tights, that is, until I read your recent posting. Actually, I thought it was a joke, but then I researched it and found that there really is such a thing.

For those of use who are curious, here is what I found.

"After several months of research and development, Palmers an Austrian lingerie manufacturer,came up with a way to integrate caffeine microcapsules in pantyhose. Your body heat activates the fabric and causes caffeine microcapsules to release caffeine into your skin.

This process can reduce the circumference of thighs, burn fat, boost metabolism, and improve the appearance of cellulite – the company claims.

Coffee Tights or Caffeine Tights, as they are also known, are normal-looking sheer tights that are impregnated with caffeine. As your legs warm up, the caffeine is released into the skin and there it breaks down the fat, leaving legs smoother, slimmer and softer. Many people have lost cm off their thighs and noticed slimmer legs all over. http://www.caffeinetights.com/"

I wonder if there is anything else in the tights that are causing you to have such a reaction.

Maybe some of the other forum members are familiar with the product.

Rose

cindy

Feb 8, 2005
South Africa
Visit site
i have a bit of a problem with my winter clothes being a bit tighter than last year, do you reckon if i stuff my pockets with coffee beans they will fit better...or maybe just stretch them?

lol...didnt mean to sound nasty...but did you lost any cm?
ive also never heard of this product until now.

if you dont mind me asking, what did you pay for them?

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I was grinding coffee all day once and by the end of the day I was wired...no cofffee, no soda...just covered head to toe in grounds. I am no scientist but I believe you can get caffeine through your pores. You might be hypersensitive to caffeine as well.