Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14
    Yes, because improve physical performance

I don't think coffee deserves to be considered a "health drink". Sure, there are lots of good things about coffee. Anti-oxidants. Mild stimulant. But the caffiene in coffee can also be problematic for some people, even in smaller amounts. We aren't talking about drinking massive quantities of coffee. After all, massive quantities of anything, no matter how good it is for you, is bad. But for something to be considered a health drink, I would think it must be largely beneficial to pretty much anyone who drinks it. Don't get me wrong. Just like pretty much everyone who uses this forum, I love coffee. I love how it tastes. I love that there are so many ways you can drink it. I love the ritual of preparing coffee in all of those different preparation methods. But I would never call it a healty drink.
    Absurdity is the only reality - FZ

I drink 1-2 cup per day at Morning and Afternoon, that's Good!
    Advertising URL was removed by a Moderator

“Caffeine is the first thing that comes to mind when you think about coffee. But coffee also contains antioxidants and other active substances that may reduce internal inflammation and protect against disease,” says Diane Vizthum, M.S., R.D., research nutritionist for Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.

Quote Originally Posted by mimimikikiki View Post
    “Caffeine is the first thing that comes to mind when you think about coffee. But coffee also contains antioxidants and other active substances that may reduce internal inflammation and protect against disease,” says Diane Vizthum, M.S., R.D., research nutritionist for Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.

True. But coffee also contains some harmful things that can be unhealthy. We all know that caffeine can interfere with normal sleep in some people. Caffeine is also addictive so if you drink large amounts of coffee and then stop, you can experience withdrawal symptoms. Also, it depends upon how you brew your coffee. Unfiltered coffee such as from a french press contains larger amounts of oils which contain diterpenes such as cafestol which can raise your LDL cholesterol levels. And in studies of people who drank unfiltered coffee, they found a higher mortality rate in those who drank unfiltered coffee versus those who drank filtered or those who drank no coffee at all. Of course, the highest mortality rates were seen in people who drank 9 cups of unfiltered coffee per day. I think one can say that at lower quantities coffee has a lot of positive attributes that can be beneficial. But as with anything, if you drink too much coffee, the benefits disappear and the negatives begin to take over. Moderation in everything is advisable.
    Absurdity is the only reality - FZ

In moderation, coffee seems to be good for most people — that's 3 to 5 cups daily, or up to 400 milligrams of caffeine. “The evidence is pretty consistent that coffee is associated with a lower risk of mortality,” said Erikka Loftfield, a research fellow at the National Cancer Institute who has studied the beverage.

in many ways it helps a lot providing energy to our body and improve our productivity.

I've heard different opinions about coffee. Somebody says coffee has a big effect on the heart. Somebody says it helps the blood circulation and provides some benefit.

Coffee in normaln dosage is very healthy but you can go overboard with coffee. The recommended dose of caffeine that can be consumed in a day is 400 mg (one cup of espresso contains about 57 mg of caffeine). Those who allow themselves more risk unpleasant symptoms of anxiety, hyperactivity, insomnia, and a racing heart.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links