Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Caffeine Health

Caffeine Health

So, first off, hoorah for minor addiction of caffeine.
    Now let us move on.
    I take about 4 caffeine pills (200mg/pill) each morning, than 1-2 more later in the day.
    I don't have any sleeping problems, but how bad is this?

Re: Caffeine Health

Depends on how long you've been doing that and what type of tolerance your body has built up to it. I drink about 1/2 gallon of coffee a day before I switch to tea or some other from of drink. Assuming the average 8oz cup of coffee contains around 120mg/caffeine then I consume about 960mg a day just from my coffee intake. In total I might consume around 1500 to 2000 a day.
    Have you ever walked through the aisle of your local grocer and smelled the death of a dying bean?

Why do you take caffeine pills in the first place? I drink a lot of coffee from the morning until about 2pm. After that I don't usually have any more caffeine, instead I'll drink water. As far as being bad for your health, anything in excess can kill you but I wouldn't think that much caffeine is too bad for you. I guess the thing I would want to know is whether your heart rate or blood pressure is elevated to dangerous levels because of the caffeine.

There is one medical problem specific to caffeine pills that arenít normally a problem with caffeine consumption through other means. Caffeine overdose can be fatal, but in order for that to happen by drinking coffee, a person would literally have to drink over 150 cups within a short period of time. While that is technically feasible, itís almost impossible to actually do. On the other hand, swallowing the equivalent amount in pill form is very possible and has, unfortunately, has been done.

Caffeine is not a good substitute for sleep, no matter what form it comes in. While using caffeine pills to grant you a few extra hours of alertness is certainly not a major problem, depending on these pills for energy can be. Like any other drug, caffeineís positive effects work best when used in moderation. The temptation with caffeine pills is to pop them at the first sign of tiredness. That route will only lead to an increased need. An you might over do it.

Is it true that Caffeine can increase blood pressure? I have a high blood pressure and currently searching for what causes it. I appreciate your feedback with me.

I'm shocked

I have a similar situation. Can be discussed.

Although coffee is relatively safe and will have no adverse health effects on the majority of the population, there are probably rare cases of people who should avoid caffeine because of its stimulating effects. The people with irregular heartbeat or other heart conditions and pregnant women must avoid taking it.

n women, coffee consumption significantly decreases all-cause mortality, apparently decreasing somewhat linearly to a relative risk of approximately 0.85 for those drinking 3 cups per day compared to those who consume no coffee, but the relative risk then remains almost the same for up to 6 cups per day, according to a large prospective cohort study.
    In men, these beneficial effects were not as great, in fact with an increased risk for those drinking approximately one cup every other day compared to those drinking none, but yet having a significant trend towards less mortality for those who drink more than 2 cups per day compared to those who drink none. Results were similar for decaffeinated coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy43
    Is it true that Caffeine can increase blood pressure? I have a high blood pressure and currently searching for what causes it. I appreciate your feedback with me.
    Caffeine can cause many symptoms such as, restlessness, headaches, dizziness, difficulty sleeping, and anxiety. By taking 5 cups of coffee a day may increase the risk of heart attack.People who are borderline high blood pressure should not take caffeine because it can raise blood pressure.

interesting. while i think i like coffee as much as the next person, for a mid-day pick-me-up, or a boost at any time of the day, i prefer an eye dropper full of b vitamins. the effects are subtle and don't require me to grind, heat, pour. (then again, i joined this forum to learn how my three-step coffee process can be improved upon, and a desire to try coffees unavailable in the desert where i live).
    looking for better coffee and better ways of making it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links