Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Lots of Coffee...Tell me how long I'm going to live

Well, I started drinking coffee about 2 years ago (im currently 19), and I found out about espresso about half a year ago.

I LOVE IT.

Well, I purchased an espresso machine, and I drink about 15-20 espresso shots a day.

Since starting to do this, I have lost weight (good!), and i feel better overall. In fact, I feel great! Some of my friends are concerned about this, so I am here for you opionions. I have no problems sleeping, even right after a double or triple shot.

My question is: Is this really harmful? Comments?

You may be building up a tolerance to caffeine, maybe an addiction?

Some people can take 2x or 3x as much coffee caffeine then others. You should realy ask your doctor if you are physically healthy, I wouldn't worry though, the first sign of caffeine addiction is the caffeine psychossys effect (tempermental, agitated, sleep difficulties, etc..). The only other problem you could be having you have to answer yourself. "Is coffee (or caffeine) causeing an impact in my life" then you decide wether or not the change in lifestyle is beneficial or not.

Best bet is for your to relax, see a doctor to prove your physical health, and decide for yourself if drining alot of coffee is beneficial to your life.

I myself will drink about 1 or 2 pots of coffee a day if I can have my way. =D
    The man with the many Coffee hats.

Super Moderator
    Sebastion Bach drank 60 to 80 cups a day...and wrote the coffee contata..
    "Wine is for aging, not coffee."
    Ken Hutchinson, Starsky and Hutch

hehe I know one reason caff doesn't have an " effect" ...just ask me.. Or read my post in the HEALTH area about ADD/ADHD.
    If your java tastes bitter: ASK QUESTIONS.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

My understanding is that espresso does not have as much caffeine as a traditional brew because the process is so much faster, but does anyone have more specific ratio information.(How many shots= 1 cup) After watching the movie Supersize me for the second time, I'm trying to cut back on the caffeine and sugar a bit and am trying to find out just how many shots I can have per day and still get a bit more healthy !!! Thanks....

Espresso

I don't know if this is what you were asking, but these numbers came from about.com's coffee section:

Amount of caffeine:
    Double espresso (2oz) 45-100 mg
    Brewed coffee (8 oz) 60-120 mg

There's a caffeine comparison chart here: http://coffeetea.about.com/library/blcaffeine.htm

And these numbers, came from http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/caff..._info1.shtml#2
    Espresso (1.5-2 oz) 100 mg
    Percolated (7 oz) 140 mg
    Drip (7 oz) 115-175 mg

The numbers confuse me. Wouldn't you think a double espresso would have more caffeine in it than a "regular" espresso? Weird.

Thanks so much for the info! Espresso has a little more caffeine than I thought , but I'm down to about 4 shots a day, so I'll be OK!

you are not alone

i dont know if i can call it suffer, but i do suffer from the same problem.
    i drink the same amount every day and im doing fine.

coffee doesnt keep me from sleeping and it doesnt keep me from falling a
    asleep at the wrong times.
    i run a restaurant and i study law part time...so i need to stay awake.

the coffee doesnt do it but i am not able to study if the perculator is more than 10 ft away from my desk. i drink most of my coffee at night and as i said it doesnt affect my sleeping at all.

im planning on outliving the roaches so im sure ill be a hundred or more (im only 20 now, only 80 years to go). so, go ahead and drink your coffee but check out your blood pressure every once and again and as soon as you start getting headaches, STOP!
    some people have pearly whites.....others drink coffee!

i get headaches when i do STOP!
    Take the blinkers off

Quit worrying about your health. As soon as you walk outside and take a deep breath, you have already breathed in more contaminates then you drank in your coffee. You are more likely to die from a car crash, or getting some type of cancer. People worry too much about the little things.

If you have ever seen the commercials where they say “this person diets and exercises but still has a cholesterol level of 265
    Have you ever walked through the aisle of your local grocer and smelled the death of a dying bean?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links