Emotional effect and mental benefits of coffee and issues…

idrinkcoffee2011

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I been using instant coffee for a while but I noticed certain issues about it.

1.seems even a slight overload of coffee can leave you with crash that last like 2 days for me. so this is something I have to be careful of about how much i should take.

2. I seem to need to take sweets to ease the coffee mental instability feeling that comes after a while. Then I need to take a certain amount of protein to get a long-term stability for the day(usually being pasta) and then I can reap the benefit of coffee and be mentally sharper and charged.

And in the past, I have eat in this order:

1.sweet
2.pasta

I found that if I take food first , my mind feels messed up.

3. I notice that for my instant coffee, it starts making me feel weird when the powder reach like 25% of the bottle. I been keeping mine in pantry. Now I don’t know whether it get bad(bad in an ineffective sense and not in a making-you-sick sense) enough at that point after being open that long . other family members haven’t been reporting problems with the bottles with 25% I put aside for my own disuse. is my metabolism just more sensitive or something?

Anybody have the similar conditions I mentioned?

Last edited:

CJA

Sep 20, 2011
Washington D.C.
Visit site
Hi, I haven't had much experience with the issues you mentioned that might surround the use of instant coffee. However, to your first point, I would say that if you're experiencing a "crash" you might want to try modulating the amount of caffeine you're drinking. Everyone's tolerance of it is different, and I eventually found that my ideal level of consumption was 2 cups a day. Anything more or less would wreak havoc on me in the form of withdrawal pains. I'm not sure how much you've experimented with your intake levels, but it might be worth checking out.

Chris

sarlinhellian

Apr 18, 2017
Visit site
[h=1]How to make coffee?[/h] OK Folks, this may be the most stupid question on this board, but how do you make good tasting coffee? I always buy mine (waste of money) and I like it a bit on the stronger side. So my question is what is the tablespoon of coffee to water ratio. How many scoops into the paper filter? And after I brew a batch, can I reuse the coffee thats in the filter once more or do I need to start fresh. Help! LOL

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
How to make coffee?

OK Folks, this may be the most stupid question on this board, but how do you make good tasting coffee? I always buy mine (waste of money) and I like it a bit on the stronger side. So my question is what is the tablespoon of coffee to water ratio. How many scoops into the paper filter? And after I brew a batch, can I reuse the coffee thats in the filter once more or do I need to start fresh. Help! LOL
Well... not the most stupid question on the board, but it is something I have not heard at all in this forum. Yes, you can reuse it. But the question remains "Why". if you are completely out of fresh and old coffee & nearest shop is 2 hours away & your car gas indicator is at the bottom, then, Yes, even I would do it. but if you have good coffee available at home, let me ask you this question : "Why would you like to reuse the coffee?" Just curious.... (BTW, this is what my mom (82 years old and going strong) would do. And my mom grew up in most harshest living environment that you can imagine...)

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
aha!!!! it seems like you are allergic to INSTANT COFFEE! would you mind telling us which instant coffee you have been drinking?

Also, how about trying out something better in quality? try pour over, Chemex or even Aeropress coffee? (please try not to use instant coffee to make this... ha ha ha. just kidding) If you use "better coffee" with better method, perhaps it wont cause you problems. I can not promise but worth the try.

sarlinhellian

Apr 18, 2017
Visit site
Well... not the most stupid question on the board, but it is something I have not heard at all in this forum. Yes, you can reuse it. But the question remains "Why". if you are completely out of fresh and old coffee & nearest shop is 2 hours away & your car gas indicator is at the bottom, then, Yes, even I would do it. but if you have good coffee available at home, let me ask you this question : "Why would you like to reuse the coffee?" Just curious.... (BTW, this is what my mom (82 years old and going strong) would do. And my mom grew up in most harshest living environment that you can imagine...)

great answer

Latest posts