Is Caffeine a Health Hazard?

BenJames37

Sep 21, 2011
UK
Visit site
Hi all,

would any one confirm that the health effects of caffeinehave on body's fitness ?
is it any short term side effects such as headache, nausea, and anxietyhave been shown as symptoms of mild caffeineconsumption.

please suggest!

Yarbooa

Aug 21, 2011
Israel
Visit site
I wouldn't go as far as calling it a "Health Hazard"...you know, unless you live in the mountains of Nepal or something, drink only goat milk and eat berries you are probably exposed to much more dangerous things than caffeine...cars pollution, smoking, annoying boss...
So yes, caffeine is not a healthy substance, but I think if measured, our body can tolerate it.

Cheers.

saliviyajonathan1

Sep 22, 2011
USA
Visit site
Hi Ben James,
According to me addiction is very bad thing you can take any thing in small amount but its more amount may be dangerous for us. So, if we take caffeine in small amount then it will not affect us so much but its higher concentration may be harmful for us.

CJA

Sep 20, 2011
Washington D.C.
Visit site
Ben James, I'm no doctor, but when I had my last physical my doctor told me that the high caffeine consumption I was partaking of (~10 cups a day) could be very detrimental in the long term for me. He indicated the acidic nature of coffee could affect my esophagus if I kept consuming so much of it, and perhaps even lead to esophageal cancer. I don't want to be alarmist, just passing along what he told me. But most of the effects of coffee/caffeine that I've read and researched really fall more in line with the short term stuff like headache, nausea, etc.

Jamesmartin

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I think the coffee is good for the health.If you drink a coffee with out a sugar it is good for the health.

Last edited by a moderator:

jeffjives2java

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
Moderation is key, and caffeine (like any "Drug") affects different people differently. Overall, I've never encountered anyone who had experienced SERIOUS detrimental affects to coffee.

EliteN

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
I knew someone who drank coffee after coffee the whole day his hands constantly shook and he sweated pretty bad. So I would say it could be a health hazard but not for the moderate user. Any substance can be harmful when abused when you look at it that way.

CaffeineFx

Jan 28, 2012
Canada
Visit site
Caffeine isn't healthy. It stimulates the nervous system, which causes stress for our bodies. At the same time however it is useful for being productive and getting things done, so it can help out. Most foods containing caffeine are rich in antioxidants and have many health benefits (Tea, Dark Chocolate, Coffee).

Now you decide what is worse. Being too tried to perform well at a big exam, failing the exam by 5% and dealing with all that life stress.
Or a cup of coffee/caffeine pill.
In the end use your own judgement, but remember. Caffeine is a drug, and drugs are bad.