Mental Health

costaluvva

Oct 4, 2011
Camberley
Visit site
A lot of people talk about the physical effects of caffeine, but there seems little information about WHY it's so addictive and HOW it changes you - mentally!?

I notice that my wife gets seriously grumpy if she doesn’t get her caffeine fix so am guessing that caffeine has long term psychological effects as well as physical.

Anyone else agree??

Also, I work in a regulated environment and I find that caffeine initially keeps me calm but can also send me the other way and get nervous and twitchy if I drink too much!

Again.. Anyone else experience this?

Thanks,

The CostaLuvva (who happens to have costa right on his doorstep ;-) )

CJA

Sep 20, 2011
Washington D.C.
Visit site
With some research, you'll find information on why caffeine is so addictive. Generally speaking (I'm no doctor by the way, just a coffee lover who once tried to quit but thought better of it, and ended up reading a lot about it), the caffeine in the bloodstream interferes with the adenosine receptors in the brain, and after a while, your brain begins to expect this activity to occur. When you deny it to your brain (by not drinking caffeine), your body responds with all sorts of nasty symptoms (bad headache, nausea, the shakes, etc).

Whether it has long term psychological effects is another story...not so sure about that one. But there is a lot of information out there on how it can increase irritability and anxiety, and it has even been classified officially as a disruptive disorder.

Chris

Jamesmartin

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I heard that the coffee is good for the health.It gives a energy to the body.The other main prospective of the coffee to the mental of the brain.It is good for the health.It gives alertness in the body and keep alert the body.

Last edited by a moderator:

Grazie

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
We all know that caffeine is one of the major factors in anxiety which may lead to a person with severe anxiety to suicide.

Alston

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Wow,.....
Its good. Caffeine is the best for mental health.Caffeine keep us mentally active
and fit.So i preferred it.Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

HjalteMNissen

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I think sometime brain attack for tension . coffee refresh our brain and mind .
So coffee is better depression treatment and it keep our mental healthy .

Last edited by a moderator:

Omari

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, I think I've shared it before that when I had programmer aptitude test, I was
using it for several nights and it really worked. But I felt that its results are quite
temporary. I'm getting my memory week again. :(

ronniemilsont

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Really coffee is best thing to refresh our mind. I always drink coffee to refresh my mind when i am depressed. Coffee makes you active and it helps you to keep interest in your work.