Acrylamides

Zolex

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Morning all

I am a new member - In Europe

In the coffee trade for 20 years and now working with major large end users as well as my own ESE pod shop

I wanted to ask - Are acrylamides becoming an issue in your business, are your clients talking about this topic?

It is becoming a bigger topic in Europe - however the good news is of course that the darker the roast the lower the acrylamide level....

Opinions appreciated

Zolex

CoffeeGeek

Dec 25, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Visit site
that's an intriquing subject you've rasied, and certainly one to educate oneself on...it's the first I've heard of acrylamides fyi, Resveratrol is turning out to be so good for us that red wine may end up on the superfood list. It is found in the skin of red or purple grapes, and in peanut products that contain the skins, such as Spanish peanuts. Resveratrol has also been shown to help prevent cardiovascular disease and cancer.

A glass of tea or red wine during a meal containing foods that have produced acrylamides will offer you protection; glad that the darker the roast the lower the acrylamide level will be...for expresso lovers, that's a help!