coffee no longer working....

idrinkcoffee2011

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
i went passed 18 hours without sleep for like a day or two and coffee was no longer effective after i slept and awaken. the thing is i went passed 18 hours without sleep before and nothing of this sort ever happened before.

its really annoying cuz i'm not longer feeling the mood boost and thinking boost no more. i mean i 'm feeling the coffe mild headache(normal for me) and mood boost but unlike how coffee normally works on me, the feel doesn't stay enough and flees.

this is the first time something like this has happened . does anybody have experience with something like this and found a way to fix it?

Last edited:

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello "idrinkcoffee2011"

Welcome to the Coffee Corum website.

I'm wondering why you need to stay awake longer than 18 hours, and what it is that you're looking for coffee to do for you.

It is very possible that you have become tolerant to the caffeine in the coffee that you drink, and you now need more of it to get the results you're looking for.

If you cut back on your coffee intake for a few days, when you return to it, you'll probably feel the boost that you used to feel.

Rose

idrinkcoffee2011

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
anybody ever had bad experience with the following brands:

maxwell house
folgers
nescafe

earlier on i had bad experiences with mh and found complains about it on some forum. and folgers been fine ever since i switched off mh. but recently i had problems with folgers. i even tested a few folgers jars and still the same problem. i tried nescafe and still had problem.

i wasn't sure if it was me cuz this never happened before. but then i tried this asian hong kong brand and i got the same upbeat and caffaine headache i used to have. so i don't think the problems me. i suspect that those brands: mh, folgers, and nescafe had gone downhill in quality. this is the only logical suspicion i have so far. those brands have been making me feel weird and not right. i'm staying away from them. they are not getting my business anymore.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello again "idrinkcoffee2011"

Are you drinking instant coffee or do you brew coffee in a coffee maker? You mentioned testing a few Folgers jars, which made me wonder if you've been drinking instant coffee. Some people get an upset stomach from instant coffee, but they're okay with regular drip coffee.

If you have found a coffee that doesn't make you feel weird, then you should stay with that for a while.

Rose

idrinkcoffee2011

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
no instant coffees not the problem. i been using folgers instant and it been fine until like couple months back.

on this site, you have a lot of complains about mh and folgers. this is not an isolated incident.

i really need a quality instant as good as folgers at least before it went downhill. if anybody can recommend a good one, it be much appreciated. i haven't been the same since i been without quality instant. : (

http://www.coffeedetective.com/has-maxwell-house-coffee-gone-bad.html

Last edited:

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
My mother used to drink Folgers instant when she needed a quick cup of coffee. She recently switched to Nescafe Taster's Choice (House Blend) in the single serve packets. She says it is much better than Folgers Instant.

I don't drink instant coffee, and I haven't tasted it, but it smells good when she makes it.

I hope this helps.

Rose

CoffeeShockwave

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
You should do research into Nootropics (no prescription needed in the U.S.). Although some scientists think the research is still out on the efficacy of Nootropics, I'm a believer. Every morning, I take 250mg of Pramiracetam mixed into OJ, and chase it with a cup of of espresso. Afternoons I take 750mg of Aniracetam and before bed, 250mg of Choline and Vitamin B. I've followed this routine for weeks, and haven't ever had an instance of brain fog cloud my thinking. Where to get them? Amazon lol

Last edited: