Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

i gotta quit the coffee!!

This is a discussion on i gotta quit the coffee!! within the Caffeine Health forums, part of the Coffee Addicts category; Sometimes I start feeling edgy, and start snapping. When I turn into a snapping turtle I put the coffee (and tea) away and take a ...

Sometimes I start feeling edgy, and start snapping. When I turn into a snapping turtle I put the coffee (and tea) away and take a break from the extra projects I am working on. It usually means that I have stretched me to thin by taking on more than I can handle. I then drink coffee to keep going and after a month I break down, get stressed out and turn into a giant... snapping turtle (bet you thought I was going to say something else!)

I also tend to have heart issues when I get to that point as well as high blood preasure. However, my story is my story, yours is different and depending on how addictive your personality is you may have to give it up. Like everything though if it is causing you to have the issues that you are giving it up wont be a bad thing. Every time I have given up something that was bad for me, even if it was tough, the results were worth it!

Hang in there, you never know this might be a door opening to something great!

2. # ADS

Hey Matticus,
    We'd sure love to how you're doing! Sign back in and tell us if you found anything to help you out!

Alright how about de-caffeinating once a week, like on the weekends? Like no coffee on Sat, or even the whole weekend.
    It will help get the caffeine out of the system, improve sleep, and you won't get that caffeine adaptation (so it stays effective).
    Then there is Sulforaphane, a substance found in broccoli, other cruciferous veggies and in supplements which are basically concentrates of same.

The Sulforaphane helps metabolize the caffeine faster. And yeah, Green Tea later on in the day instead of coffee, it has theanine and is rather calming, in spite of the (lower) caffeine content.

UI wrote a thread on this over in the business section.
    Good Luck!

Mark

If length of post is any indication of level of addiction I think we'd all have to say that you've got it bad. Maybe time to take a break. Herbal tea is maybe the direction you need to head in.
    Wrinkles only go where the smiles have been -- Jimmy Buffett (via Mark Twain)

Now I like coffee but I don't have it in my my veins like you seem to. Hope you find a way to get past this.
    The Morning Coffee Cup
    Your Digital Cup of Coffee and Conversations

Coffee is not a good beverage i guess somehow somewhere it is harmful so i guess if you quite drinking coffee then you are good to go. good decision btw.

Hi, I drink organic coffee and I always feeling amazing. All their coffee is good rich and vitalising and I always feel amazing. My blood pressure and heart are fine and I look at my coffee as a vitamin, I also drink it with soy not milk and no sugar is needed or use organic alternative, check out brands till you find the ones you like be they coffee sugar or soy products and do your research. Good Living!
    Last edited by PinkRose; 01-25-2013 at 06:23 AM. Reason: Removed URL From Post / Possible Spammer

Re: i gotta quit the coffee!!

I was addicted to energetic drinks and caffiene pills before...I would drink caffeine all day even right before bed. It took the flu to kick the habbit. I now only have a glass of coffee in the morning, non caffeine drinks all day. Sometimes, rarely ill have a nice cup of coffee if I get off work early. It feels good to be free and use caffeine for its intended purpose instead of being reliant on it.

Good luck...and get some advil for the headaches.

Sent from my HTC EVO using tapatalk.

Drinking Coffee has it's limitation, you should limit your self by drinking 2 cups of coffee everyday. If you will exceed to that you should quit now till you will reach the point of your addiction and when it comes it's very hard to leave on that routine.

Hope that you will quit soon till your immune system gets low.

John

I ran the gamut of energy drinks and all the caffeine hoopla when I was younger and they were just starting to come out. It got to the point where I could polish off a Double Gulp of Mountain Dew and get to sleep right after finishing it AND a cup of coffee. Only years later did I get off sugar and sodas and all that and feel so much better without all that "energy" I thought I needed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Ads