Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Addicting

This is a discussion on Addicting within the Caffeine Health forums, part of the Coffee Addicts category; "What are you protesting?" "What do you got?" - James Dean...

"What are you protesting?"

"What do you got?" - James Dean

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by eldub View Post
    "What are you protesting?"

"What do you got?" - James Dean
    LOL... Yeah. True enough.. I think as long as they kept the coffee flowing any reason would be a good reason

Good cup of coffee brings people together, whatever the cause. Why do you think they always give coffee at political rallies and debates? You gotta have SOME reason to stick around lol.. Once the coffee runs out, it's "oh my look at the time... I left a pie in the oven..." "You don't bake"... "Oh my I forgot to remind the wife to put the pie in the oven..." "She doesn't bake..." "Oh my, I forgot to take my wife to her cooking lessons.." LOL

Super Moderator
    Hey "MyMugsHalfFull"

Good one! You must be a barrel of laughs at a party!

Rose

It is interesting to note that the Ashtanga Yogis drink coffee, so it must be good!

Quote Originally Posted by PinkRose View Post
    Hey "MyMugsHalfFull"

Good one! You must be a barrel of laughs at a party!

Rose
    Only for as long as the coffee holds out!

Nah... Not entirely true.. I'd stay for the eats too

I think we were talking about the coffee being addicted or not, in this thread, lol...........

Quote Originally Posted by btreath9082 View Post
    I think we were talking about the coffee being addicted or not, in this thread, lol...........
    Very True LOL... Sorry...

Anyway... Back to the subject of coffee being addicting... Talking about it is addicting LOL..

OK, but seriously now.

Caffeine can be addictive:

Here's a pretty decent article on the topic:

Caffeine Symptoms, Causes, Treatment - Is caffeine addictive? on MedicineNet

Now, this doesn't mean that it's bad for you.. Everything in moderation as you have said before

Thanks for sharing such a nice article. Yeah, I actually believe that coffee is itself NOT addicting, however one can make it addicting for himself/herself. If consumed in moderate amounts, it is just GOOD for health.

Very true. Coffee can be good for the mental state of someone too. Although it seems contrary, studies have shown that a cup of coffee in the morning in some cases can actually help to relax someone. And caffeine, although I personally do not agree with this, has been said to help in small doses to alleviate anxiety, however in higher doses obviously doesn't do a bit of good for anxiety...

Yeah, you are right.
    Coffee is indeed good for the mental state of an individual especially that morning coffee mug gives a smooth start to the day.
    About that caffeine, oh that was something new information for me where you mentioned that in small doses, it can reduce anxiety. I wonder if it has been scientifically evident or not. Thanks for sharing such information; that is in fact the most beautiful part of this forum where you share, what you know, with others and learn whatever they know from them.
    I was wondering if I am able to conduct a small research study on the effects of caffeine on human health because it will be a nice way to scientifically know what exactly it does to human health !

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Ads