Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Enjoying this point. You have mention some really very good points here.

I think it just depends on you and your children. When I was growing up my parents let me have coffee when I was 10, but it was more milk than coffee. After that one time, I would drink it every once in awhile, but I didn't start really drinking coffee till I was in college.

I feel like kids wouldn't need it. They usually have a bunch of energy as is. That and it being a stimulant, I'm not really sure how it would affect their body.

I saw a kid no older than 12 order an Americano at Peet's. I wasn't allowed to have coffee until I was 18. The world is definitely changing. I wonder if anyone is tracking the impact generationally.

My son is 9 years old and he is addicted to coffee. Recently I have noticed some dental issues like bleeding gums in him.I tried changing his toothbrush but there was no change even after using a soft bristle toothbrush. The intensity of bleeding increased gradually and I had to take him to an emergency dental care in Toronto. Can coffee intake cause bleeding gums? Is coffee bad for dental health? Please advise. I am curious to know.

Are you sure????
    coffee .....not for children.
    Last edited by saddam; 05-03-2017 at 07:07 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Eforied View Post
    My son is 9 years old and he is addicted to coffee. Recently I have noticed some dental issues like bleeding gums in him.I tried changing his toothbrush but there was no change even after using a soft bristle toothbrush. The intensity of bleeding increased gradually and I had to take him to an emergency dental care in Toronto. Can coffee intake cause bleeding gums? Is coffee bad for dental health? Please advise. I am curious to know.

I am sure that heavy coffee drinkers will get some stains on their teeth, but I doubt that it would cause the bleeding gums. BTW, 9 years old is way too young to get addicted to coffee. (I say the same thing for a lot of Energy drinks for young kids! They shouldn't be drinking at all.)

I suppose it's the same as with everything..'moderation is the key' It does depend on what age you're talking about though too. IN that thread they were discussing teenagers whihc is different from giving a 5 yr old a cup of coffee. I expect most younger kids wouldn't like it anyway.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by amirhossien View Post
    I suppose it's the same as with everything..'moderation is the key' It does depend on what age you're talking about though too. IN that thread they were discussing teenagers whihc is different from giving a 5 yr old a cup of coffee. I expect most younger kids wouldn't like it anyway.
    I have got 15, 17, 19 kids. None of them drinks coffee, but they ask for some "fu fu" drinks at Starbucks, or smoothies in those shops rather than real coffee. But for me, that is okay. I do not have any intention to get them drinking coffee as early as possible.

Here in Guatemala, they drink early. maybe 12 and up, they already get used to it.

Banned
    if your kids are already drinking sodas (like coke, pepsi...etc) that has a lot of sugar & calories and caffeine, and specially I am seeing some small kids, like 6 or 7 are drinking energy drinks which has double or triple of caffeine of coffee.

I guess if your kids are already doing that, adding coffee might not make much difference at all.

HOWEVER, if you ask me, kids (up to 15 or 16) shouldn't be drinking any sodas nor energy drinks at all. I believe that is much worse than drinking a cup of good coffee. (I said good coffee not like crappuccino.. sort of fu fu drinks that has 800 calories that will make our kids fatter than "Nutty Professor" from Eddie Murphy movie.)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links