Coffee for Children

btreath9082

May 9, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering that is coffee good for children who are in their growing age? I mean, does it develop coffee addiction in them? At what age, can we start giving coffee to children? Is it as soon as they are able to eat and drink or is there a specific age for that? :coffeemug:

btreath9082

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmmmm, interesting comments. Since I am still new one on this forum, so I am not very aware regarding what has already been discussed here and what is not !!! :coffee:

Sparky90

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I suppose it's the same as with everything..'moderation is the key' It does depend on what age you're talking about though too. IN that thread they were discussing teenagers whihc is different from giving a 5 yr old a cup of coffee. I expect most younger kids wouldn't like it anyway.

manis

Jul 15, 2014
New York
Visit site
I don't know about completely healthy kids, but caffeine is helpful for certain conditions that involve attention and concentration, such as attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and attention deficit disorder (ADD).

Jolliff

Jun 21, 2016
Germany
Visit site
You should be more specific about what age of children you are talking about. I would not give my 5 year old child a cup of coffee whereas an 11-12 year old could probably have one. I don't think you should teach your kid to drink coffee though, there is no need for it

coffee771

Dec 29, 2016
Texas
Visit site
I think it just depends on you and your children. When I was growing up my parents let me have coffee when I was 10, but it was more milk than coffee. After that one time, I would drink it every once in awhile, but I didn't start really drinking coffee till I was in college.

javacentral

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
I feel like kids wouldn't need it. They usually have a bunch of energy as is. That and it being a stimulant, I'm not really sure how it would affect their body.

autzennoise14

Feb 9, 2017
Visit site
I saw a kid no older than 12 order an Americano at Peet's. I wasn't allowed to have coffee until I was 18. The world is definitely changing. I wonder if anyone is tracking the impact generationally.

Eforied

May 2, 2017
Visit site
My son is 9 years old and he is addicted to coffee. Recently I have noticed some dental issues like bleeding gums in him.I tried changing his toothbrush but there was no change even after using a soft bristle toothbrush. The intensity of bleeding increased gradually and I had to take him to an emergency dental care in Toronto. Can coffee intake cause bleeding gums? Is coffee bad for dental health? Please advise. I am curious to know.