Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

How to flavor freshly roasted coffee beans - tips and techniques?

This is a discussion on How to flavor freshly roasted coffee beans - tips and techniques? within the Coffee Beans & Espresso Beans forums, part of the Coffee Addicts category; Never heard of flavoring after roasting before and you put a bug in my head now as i'm very keen to try this out. I ...

Never heard of flavoring after roasting before and you put a bug in my head now as i'm very keen to try this out. I bought some fresh vanilla pods to try it out for my self. Is there any special way to proceed ?, would you make an extract out of the vanilla, like oils to mix with the roasted coffee or would you just mix the vanilla pods with the coffee after roasting ? thanks

2. # ADS

Thanks nicksergeant for this interesting post, I used to search for this but found just a little bit information.
    My own formular: melt butter + rhum vanilla (I used about 5 original vanilla fruit, take the inside and cut the fruit into short, put them all in the Rhum bottle, use after 6 months or longer). After roasting, when the coffee bean still hot, mix well with the liquid mixture, then store in air-tight container for 1-3 days before grinding. I found it great, totally natural, my family and friends like it. Sometime I use voldka without vanilla if I want stronger scent.
    I like you way going with cinamon, will try soon.

@BeanGrinder: agreed with you with additives, as far as it made by professional and trusted company.

Hi,

Found this thread via Google and I know it's a little old but perhaps someone is still reading.
    Mainly a question for Beangrinder....
    What makes up the flavour oils you use?
    I'm UK-based and endless searches of various combinations of 'flavour, oils, coffee, beans, UK' has not come up with a single UK supplier. I'm just looking to try this at home myself, I don't need industrial quantities and it wouldn't be economical for me to ship from the US just to try.

I can find other food-safe flavour oils, so I'm hoping they will work? If anyone can give me any pointers, e.g. what ingredients should/should not be present in these oils for them to work with coffee, or if there's anything else to look out for (e.g. heat safe, I imagine?) I'd be very grateful.

Thanks!
    E

Super Moderator
    Hello 2970emma

Welcome to the Coffee Forums website.

I think you'll need to make your questions more clear.

I'm not sure who Beangrinder is.

Do you roast coffee, and then you want to flavor it? Or are you looking for some type of flavoring for your coffee when you brew it?

Rose

Quote Originally Posted by PinkRose View Post

I'm not sure who Beangrinder is.

Rose
    He/she was, I would say, the person who posted the most useful topic in this thread (see page 1 of posts in this thread).

Quote Originally Posted by PinkRose View Post

I think you'll need to make your questions more clear.

Do you roast coffee, and then you want to flavor it? Or are you looking for some type of flavoring for your coffee when you brew it?

Rose
    Sorry, I thought as this thread was entitled "How to flavor freshly roasted coffee beans" ?! I thought that made it quite clear which part of the process I was enquiring about when I asked about flavoured oils. If I wanted advice on flavouring coffee when I brewed it I would have posted that question elsewhere!

Super Moderator
    Hello again, 2970emma,

When you wrote that you were searching for "various combinations of 'flavour, oils, coffee, beans" I wasn't sure what you were looking for.

Sometimes people hook onto a topic area that's not exactly perfect for what they want to ask.

I didn't scroll through the entire thread - Beangrinder isn't a frequent visitor to the forum, so the name wasn't familiar to me.

I hope you find what you're looking for.

Rose

Hello, what ratio are you using for flavoring with ground cinnamon and nutmeg? Have you ever use vanilla essence for flavoring?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ads