Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I can't find coffee beans I like. Help!

This is a discussion on I can't find coffee beans I like. Help! within the Coffee Beans & Espresso Beans forums, part of the Coffee Addicts category; Originally Posted by Katrina_O Hi, it feels a bit meaningless to give an update on what I considered such an issue while so many are ...

Quote Originally Posted by Katrina_O View Post
    Hi, it feels a bit meaningless to give an update on what I considered such an issue while so many are in peril from Sandy, be here we go.

I purchased a bur grinder; it made things more palatable with my current beans. I then purchased some medium-roast beans from a local roaster and the coffee is even better.

My Husband convinced me to buy some VIA to keep on hand for traveling and the occasional treat, as he still likes it better than what I can make in the French press. Also, we purchased some Bailey’s to use as creamer, which I use on occasion when I want a change from black coffee.

I’d like to thank everyone here for your help. I don’t know if I’ll be around the forums for a while, though. A recent issue with our landlord has forced us into an impromptu move. We’ll be bouncing around, trying to decide where to move to, and I likely won’t have the time.

Thanks once again. Your help in finding enjoyable coffee will surely make this part of our lives easier.

Katrina,
    I Hope your living situation got situated.....

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by bprotsman View Post
    I would agree with the above. Make sure your using good water (not tap). Try fresher, locally sourced beans from a roaster. With a blade grinder its tough to get a nice even coarse grind so when you upgrade to a burr you will notice a difference. When you chop (blade-grinder) the beans its never even so your extraction ratio is going to be off. Anyways, good luck.
    I found that the quality of the water you are using makes a dramatic difference. I now use a carbon filter for all the water I use for coffee making. Big Big difference!

Quote Originally Posted by NiagaraIT View Post
    I found that the quality of the water you are using makes a dramatic difference. I now use a carbon filter for all the water I use for coffee making. Big Big difference!
    I agree with you ... but not every water supply contains chlorine. It always good to test the water by local water filter sales company and get their opinion. They will recommend you what would be the best for your water supply...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ads