Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

why aren't there any american coffee makers that use robusta bean in their coffee?

This is a discussion on why aren't there any american coffee makers that use robusta bean in their coffee? within the Coffee Beans & Espresso Beans forums, part of the Coffee Addicts category; That's a good question....

That's a good question.

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by bprotsman View Post
    I would agree w/ CanadianBrian. Most canned or 50lb bags of supermarket coffee use Robusta. Maybe venture into the Specialty coffee market were 100% Arabica is king. The big boys you mention mass produce coffee with cheaper beans sourced from around the world. Check out a local small batch roaster in your area for fresh roasted beans. if its just a buzz your looking for try redline or check w/ your local crack dealer.
    Now that's hilarious.

Robusta has a reputation for bitterness. Most small roasters shy away from it, because of this perception. Also, by advertising that their coffee is 100% Arabica, they're implying that their coffee is higher quality. Which it may be. Then again, there are lousy Arabicas out there as well.

Cheers!
    Advertising signature removed by moderator.

i don't get how folgers used to make their instants then. it was like different from others in a distinctive superior way. when their instant was still fine, i happened to try some dunkin brew and it sucked. the brew made me felt weird and i was just off.

now i don't know how dunkin ranks amongst the brew big boys between the brands, but it was definitely inferior to folgers instant in terms of effect then anyways.

folgers instant was like really powerful for my cognition and mood. i was like able to think real clearly and mood-wise felt really elated.

then it like all changed and they tasted like chemicals all a sudden. and i haven't found anybody brew and/or instant as good as they were or even come close.

what so hard about duplicating what they had? but then again even after they faltered and i was forced to explore outward, i found differences even amongst brew brands. some better than other feeling-wise and cognition-wise.

Robusta coffee has more caffine in it. This creats the buzz so if it the buzz you are after maybe get an energy shot to go with your coffee because the arabica's won't have the same amount of caffine in them. Also, as we get older and in different stages of our life different things affect us differently. Lastly, our perceptions change over time. I still remember the best meal I ever had at a restaurant and when I went back a few more times it just didn't taste as good. Still great but not overwhelming like the first time I had it.
    Brian

I have a customer who wants maximum caffeine so I've been brewing her a blend developed just for her that is comprised of about 33% robusta. She cuts it with coconut milk and has been coming in every day for the last week or so for the same thing. Says she gets a lot of work done on that concoction. hehe

I just purchased some Brazilian Robusta coffee beans. I am going to roast and try and see what I get out of them.... I am very excited about it.....

Agricultural bank Rabobank has been following the money and it has turned up some very interesting things where coffee is concerned. Big coffee brands bought about 27% LESS Arabica beans but 25% MORE Robusta beans. Funny how the ratio is almost 1:1 isn’t it?

And Bloomberg has this article Robusta Coffee Beats Arabica as Folgers Cut Prices: Commodities - Bloomberg about big brands pulling the 'old switcheroo' and using more robusta.
    Wrinkles only go where the smiles have been -- Jimmy Buffett (via Mark Twain)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ads