Looking for reccomendations.

jaupro

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I am very very new to the true coffee world. Ive had poorly made drip cup coffee before and this turned me off of black coffee. Ive recently purchased a bodum 8 cup brazil. And a mr coffee burr grinder. So far ive tried starbucks dark sumatra 2tbsp per 6oz. 190F for 4 minutes. I love it black. But I wanna try a lot of quality vatieties. Any reccomendations?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

jaupro

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Would you recommend just letting my electric kettle hit boil? The. Bybthe time I take it off its base and pour into the press itll be a lil over 200?

jaupro

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Also, what kinds of beans are recommemded? Any that as a rule of thumb should be avoided? Are breakfest blends and what not gimmicky or usually legit? Any other random info would be greatly appreciated. I live in canton ohio I dont even know of we have local roasts.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello "jaupro"

Welcome to the Coffee forums website.

I'm curious.....why did you add, "Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2" to the bottom of your posts?

Other people who use Tapatalk don't do that. Are you trying to sneak in some SPAM on the forum?

Just wondering.

Rose
(Forum Moderator)

jaupro

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Its just already there before I write my post. Im using tapatalk 2 on my s3. Maybe I can change my sjgnature in settings?

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
You don't have a signature for this Coffee Forum. You would have had to put it in manually, and you didn't do that. It appears that Tapatalk is putting it in for you. Do you have a setting area to turn that feature off?

Rose