Favorite coffee beans ??

floorman

Sep 26, 2004
Virginia
Visit site
Hello my name is Jeff and I was wondering if anyone and everyone would say what there favorite coffee beans would be 1 thru 5 starting with your fav of course or you can go even further than 5 and you can leave any kind of feed back on what you like about each of your fav and feedback on which beans you don't like
Thank you

beanage

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
I began a Peet's lover... just about anything but French Roast. Favorites are Kenya, Arabian Mocha Sanani and Mocha Java. (www.peets.com)

I've since fell in love with Intelligentsia - Sumatra, Mocha Java, Yemen - I've yet to find one I didn't like. Their Black Cat espresso blend is incredible - espresso or even brewed. (www.intelligentsiacoffee.com).

My single favorite is Mary Catherine's Blend from a little roaster in Louisville KY - Heine Brothers. (www.heinebroscoffee.com)

I'm looking for suggestions, too. Keep them coming!

everydaygourmet

Nov 15, 2004
Visit site
Hi All, being a newbie to the business (of sorts....10+ years out of it) and new to this board. I can tell you I have sampled lots of beans in trying to find a house brew for our new shop.

We have settled on 2, and going to let our customers tell us which one ultimately, or maybe offer two- not 100% sure.

My Personal favorite(s):

Coal Creek (Laramie WY) Organic de Coal Creek.

*** This is some really, really great coffee folks *** I did not know what to expect with an organic....but WOW- I pulled some awesome shots. I tasted every shot, of every coffee sent to us....this one converted me to someone who could drink shots straight from the glass. (my wife also)

Morning Light- Signature Blend (Great Falls, MT)

***Mike has built a really good business, and has produced a very very good coffee, and we wanted a Montana roaster....everyone should give it a try at least once - very stable, and consistent, very good flavor and aroma....awesome Crema from. Imagine Apple Butter creamy without the apple taste.

Intelligentsia- Black Cat - this was our choice the second we tasted it as the coffee of the Month. Very unique, almost sweet, may cause me to make a tough choice down the road if customer react the way I think they will.

These 3 represent my Organic, My regular, and my coffee of the Month.

Next 3 for the rotation (organic and coffee of the month)

Snowy Mountain (MT)
Doma(ID)
Coffee Emergency: Code Brown (NE)

I have tried about 20 different types, and most were very good, a few were, "OK" and only a few what I could call bad (I threw them out)

I really believe this business is like wine. not always, but most of the time- you get what you pay for.

Hope that helps, feel free to contact me, I look forward to this thread, and trying some other hidden gems.

Brealin's
Every Day Gourmet!
"Life's too short for bad Coffee!" :D

rethink101

Dec 5, 2004
Visit site
Favorite Coffees

I am fan of Peets but my latest passion is Costa Rican and Kona coffees from Volcanica Coffee. Its very fresh coffee. I was also very pleased with their fast service. volcanicacoffee

ourcoffeebarn

Nov 8, 2004
Wisconsin
Visit site
Favorite beans

Hi
I have a Truly Awesome blend my Mocha Java Blend which is 50% Yemen Mocca Matari and 50% Java Estate. It is my best selling blend. For an extremely smooth blend try my House blend it is 50-50 Brasil Serra Negra and the best Columbian Supremo I can get. Ssssmooth and chocolaty. I don't want to sound like I am pushing my store but I truly LOVE my roasting and I am trying to get into the wholesale market. Anyone want to try some free? :grin: Just for businesses. :D

ksbell

Sep 19, 2004
Visit site
I am in love with CoffeeAM's Sumatra Black Satin! Espresso Verdi is awesome, too. Love the Regea (sp)........but Sumatra is to die for!

Kim