Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

How about mexican beans?

This is a discussion on How about mexican beans? within the Coffee Beans & Espresso Beans forums, part of the Coffee Addicts category; Originally Posted by buckhorn_cortez I'm happy to say, that after an over two year drought of not being able to find quality Mexican coffee, I've ...

Quote Originally Posted by buckhorn_cortez View Post
    I'm happy to say, that after an over two year drought of not being able to find quality Mexican coffee, I've gotten 6 pounds of Mexican FTO Organic Union Majomut. It is a fine Mexican coffee. Smooth and a bit sweet, with a flavor profile that is complex and changes as the cup cools slightly as you drink it. Love Mexican coffee when I can find it.
    Thank's for answering =) I didn't know that brand, it is a high grown from Chiapas too =) Where do you normally find Mexican Coffee?

2. # ADS

Thank's for answering =) I didn't know that brand, it is a high grown from Chiapas too =) Where do you normally find Mexican Coffee?
    I always order green coffee beans as I roast my own coffee. In this case, the coffee came from Klatch Coffee in Upland, California. I have gotten Mexican coffee from Sweet Maria's, and Burman Coffee Traders in the past.

Organic La Perla de Oaxaca from Intelligentsia was pretty darn good.

Interesting, Chiapas. The only coffee I typically get is from Central America or Indonesia. I will have to look it up.

Hey, Joe....

Chiapas, Mexico is in central america.

Quote Originally Posted by eldub View Post
    Hey, Joe....

Chiapas, Mexico is in central america.
    Specifically, southern Mexico on the northern border of Guatemala, and the coffees that come from the Chiapas region have much in common with some of the Guatemalan coffees for flavor.

Where can I buy the beans used in Timothies Mexican Organic? I love that coffee, but hard to buy from them lately

I've used Mexican Altura in the past...it's just okay, not great. I think the growing regions in Mexico do not have the soil composition or humidity that more tropical regions have, so the bean is affected by that. But, the last bag I bought was cheap and I found a few locals who thought it was okay.

Altura just means "high grown." It could be from any of the growing regions.

Quote Originally Posted by danpretz View Post
    Hi, there!!! I'm a graphic designer from Mexico City and right now I'm working with an indigenous community of coffee makers in Chiapas. So, I'd like to know what's your position on Mexican Coffee? Is it easy to find mexican coffee where you live? Is there any brand you would recomend? Thank you
    I love Mexican coffee. I bought some Mexico Coatepec coffee beans from Veracruz from a roaster called Square one coffee. I have bought Mexican Chiapas beans from a local cafe that sells coffee beans and loose tea. I also have bought some Oaxacan coffee on ebay that is delicious. I also bought a small amount of Mexican Altura coffee on ebay and in local coffee stores here that was wonderful. When I would drink instant coffee I would drink Nescafe Classico.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ads