First Post! Wanted to recommend my favorite beans from San Francisco.

SFcoffeefan

Feb 9, 2013
San Francisco, CA
Visit site
Hey everyone!

First post here on the Coffeeforums, excited to learn more about coffee and different brewing efficiencies, etc. Born and raised in San Francisco, so I have had my fair share of good coffee. There is a local roaster who roasts in small batches and has some excellent / diverse blends who I would love to recommend. The website where you can get the coffee is www quickdrip com

My personal favorites are as follows:

Jet Fuel - Its got a nice combination of earthy tones and a chocolate finish, so both sweet and strong. When you get the beans out of the bag they are nice and oily, giving a great scent before the grind. While other SF roasters are charging 14 dollars for the same size bag, I can get this steal for $7.00! That's like supermarket prices for small batch coffee. Like the name states, a great way to wake up and get energized.

Brazil Fazenda - This one is a little more fruity and I prefer in the afternoon when I need a little pick me up. The website says it tastes like dark cherry, but I often get more of a citrus aftertaste which is pleasant and refreshing.

The most popular roast in the city is probably Blue Bottle, which is also very tasty, but doesn't have the variety of the website linked above.

Any recommendations out there for unique coffees I can get delivered online?

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello SFCoffeefan,

Welcome to the Coffee Forums website.

I'm glad you've found some coffees that you are enjoying, and that you can get them from your local roaster.

I took a look at the web site that you suggested, and the coffee that I was interested in is sold at $7.00 for an 11 ounce bag. When I calculate the cost of a pound of coffee, I come up with approximately $10.18 a pound, which is close to the $10.99 I pay for it at my local roaster. The website doesn't say how much they charge for shipping......

I've never seen coffee sold in an 11 ounce bag before.

Rose

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
Thats weird to see 11oz bag.... Typically 12 or 16 oz. And over 10 dollars for the bag of coffee and shipping cost is much higher then industry average. Yes, if local roaster charges 14-16 dollar pound of coffee, that is roasted within few days of roasting at optimum condition which I would rather buy but then the website roasters sells for the same price, you are buying coffee that might be sitting at least few weeks on the shelves or more... Patronage your local roasters. Find the most reputable roaster and talk to them about your interest and buy their coffee... I am sure you will find something you love or they will make one for you.... I am sure of it...

SFcoffeefan

Feb 9, 2013
San Francisco, CA
Visit site
The "artisan" roasters here in the city are anywhere from $12-15 for a 12 once bag here, so getting the same quality for 7 bucks is great for me. I also like to try the various blends so I don't mind the 11 once weight. I guess when you get into shipping costs it becomes less affordable.

If you ever want to try something different, they have some blends that are very unique.