How to find Covim espresso beans

RICHRUNK

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Does anybody know where I can find Covim Whole Bean Espresso in the Chicago area? I discovered this wonderful espresso in Italy this last spring. I took back a couple of pounds, but that's all gone.

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
I dont know much about Covim espress beans but when I was in Italy many years ago, I have discovered great espresso and never could find the exact beans here in US but ever since I have been roasting my own coffee beans, there are many great roasters in US who can create much better espresso bean here. And espresso recipes are secretly guarded by some people. I would recommend you to try few of our board member beans. I would bet you will find some great espresso beans here in US

RICHRUNK

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks very much for the welcome and reply. I did try the site, but I never was able to "connect" to Covim. The site seems to have been taken over by manufacturers who are eager to sell me anything but Covim.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Were you visiting someone in Italy this past Spring? If so, could you ask that person to send you some of the coffee you're looking for?

You propbably won't be able to find it in the United States.

You may need to settle for another type of beans that are similar (and local) instead.

RICHRUNK

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Were you visiting someone in Italy this past Spring? If so, could you ask that person to send you some of the coffee you're looking for?

You propbably won't be able to find it in the United States.

You may need to settle for another type of beans that are similar (and local) instead.
No, unfortunately we weren't visiting anyone, and I don't know anyone who lives in Italy. Too bad that it's not available here, it's a very good espresso.

eldub

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm guessing the blend is brazilian and robusta.

Fortunately there are many small roasters here in the states putting out wonderful espresso blends. (I'd rather have something local and fresh any day of the week.)

RICHRUNK

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site

Fortunately there are many small roasters here in the states putting out wonderful espresso blends. (I'd rather have something local and fresh any day of the week.)
Really!? I didn't know that. All that I've been able to obtain are the major brands, for the most part. Do you know of any available in the Chicago area?

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site

Exactly.... People never try respected local roaster beans and when they are over sea, they find this wondering bean they rave about. I have tried few of those and I was not impressed.

I have a friend who goes over seas all the time and he went to this restaurant in Italy and told me about this wonderful cup of coffee he had. So I asked him about the coffee and he said he will let me know when he goes back there again. Couple of months ago, he told me he went back and asked about the coffee and they told him it was Nesspresso.... I almost died laughing......

RICHRUNK

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Intelligentsia Coffee in Chicago would prolly be a good place to start.
I had been drinking Black Cat for some time, but the last bag was very disappointing, so I stopped buying it. The espresso was bitter, and very little crema. All my other coffees are fine, so it's not my machine. Cafe Italia espresso is not the same either, since their fire.

RICHRUNK

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Exactly.... People never try respected local roaster beans and when they are over sea, they find this wondering bean they rave about. I have tried few of those and I was not impressed.

I have a friend who goes over seas all the time and he went to this restaurant in Italy and told me about this wonderful cup of coffee he had. So I asked him about the coffee and he said he will let me know when he goes back there again. Couple of months ago, he told me he went back and asked about the coffee and they told him it was Nesspresso.... I almost died laughing......
Which would you recommend? I've tried Intelligentsia and Cafe Italia.