Are these beans arabica or not?

eldub

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Most estate and farm specific coffees will be arabica.

I'm willing go bet the first two are arabicas and the third is for sure (Bourbon is a variety of arabica.)

They do grow a lot of robusta on Brazil, but most goes to Europe for espresso applications and we see little robusta making it into the states for specialty use.

HRC

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
The only one I'm not sure about is the first one (Acaiá Catuaí Icatú Mundo Novo) LOL what?. The other two are Arabica.

John P

Jan 5, 2007
Salt Lake City
Visit site
Heather11,

Yes, those are all arabica. I've had both the Rodomunho and the Finca El Carmen from another source.
As a pretty good rule, any farm specific coffees will be arabica.

I do not personally use Mercanta, but they are one of the most reputable sourcers and suppliers of Specialty Grade coffee in the business. You'll be happy with any of their coffees.

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
I do not personally use Mercanta, but they are one of the most reputable sourcers and suppliers of Specialty Grade coffee in the business. You'll be happy with any of their coffees.

While every importer will have some dogs and some winners, at least for me and all the samples I cupped from various importers, Mercanta has had the best ratio of winners vs. dogs.

JumpinJakJava

Dec 12, 2011
Thomaston, CT
Visit site
They are definitely all Arabica. I have also had Brazil Rodomunho and Brazil Yellow Bourbon from Mercanta. Awesome coffee. Top Shelf Traders.
The Fazenda Rodomunho is awesome for S. O. espresso(shots or drinks). The Brazil yellow Bourbon was sweet and a little nutty, medium
body. Very good for brewing coffee, and using about 40% for base in espresso blending.