Kauai Coffee - Change in Bean??

nkingfish

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Bought some Koloa Estate Dark Roast whole bean (Kauai Coffee co) from Costco - about a year ago. Really enjoyed the coffee - good smooth full body flavor.

Just recently found it again - and bought it. However - noticed that the bag labeling changed: no longer did it indicate "Made in the USA". Also missing was "100% Hawaiian" label. Everything else appears to be the same.

Bean color and size appeared to change. Also the flavor. More bitterness. Maybe just me.....

Wondered if they have now blended their beans with other countries' beans??

Posted on Kauai co - and they have not fully answered - yet.

Anyone else observed this change? Heard anything about Kauai - blending?

Would post pics of the bags - but need to figure out the problems in my upload - attachments (error 2038).

Thanks

nkingfish

CoffeeLovers

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
I have opened the FaceBook page of Kauai Coffee Company and I read a post about this problem. The two pictures about the Kauai coffee bear is the same problem you have presented here. According to Kauai Coffee Company, the bags of coffee that they sell are 100% Kauai Coffee, grown and roasted in USA. Are you not the one who asked about this in their FB page bearing the name GJ Whiting? If you’re the one, I think your query is now answered.